Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Budapest

HUNGARY | Wednesday, 25 October 2006 | Views [1046]

Buda

Buda

So i needed some calm after several days of madness - i guess i got that in Budapest. A hostel full of Yanks...it appeared empty when i arrived, and then they just started worming their way out of the woodwork. i like Americans, i just don't like Yanks, they seem to have no respect.

So i had two days of seeing as much as i could in as short time as i could. At first i didn't like the city, it was a come-down after Vienna. IT IS however a beautiful city, there i just a lot of construction work and it doesn't have the architecture of Vienna - it just has an overall appeal that works.

I went to one of the main spa's while i was there - Széchenyi Fürdő, and that was funny. It's a huge maze of a place where there is a million signs and virtually none of them are readable (to me). The Lonely Bl**dy Planet (LBP), i refuse to call it by its proper name, says explore the rooms...so i did. i have now witnessed some sights i wish never to repeat. i did have a massage while i was there - it turned out to be a guy about 6 1/2 feet tall and 3 times as wide as me - even his hand-shake hurt. I even managed to have a swim in one of their enormous pools but only after I'd been whistled at by the guards about 10 times for not wearing a bathing cap. A bathing cap i ask you, Mr observant me hadn't noticed that EVERYONE was wearing them, even the old blokes playing chess. A kindly old lady lent me hers - it even had her name on it, so i became Diana for 40 minutes.

I liked Budapest, and felt i should have spent another day there. I think fate was telling me that too when i nearly missed my train. The Internet said Keleti station, the board at the train station said Keleti station, the reality was Deli train station. I'd even arrived an hour early and had sat in the cafe waiting for it. I'm starting to learn though, and am becoming very un-manly and English - i ask lots of questions rather than waiting until it all goes wrong and then blaming the nearest female :)

 

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.