Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Amsterdam

NETHERLANDS | Friday, 22 September 2006 | Views [1090] | Comments [3]

View from near my hotel

View from near my hotel

There are only two things I hate; those who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch (Goldmember in case you didn't know). It's not good remembering that line, i kept walking around and talking in that shtupid aschent and wanting to say "I don't speak freaky-deaky Dutch". Well it made me smile, which might explain the stares i got.

Amsterdam is certainly a happening city, a complete mish mash of people and cultures, underlined by a sexual wind in the air that smells of hash - and boy does it smell. I'm not sure i like the complete liberation - am i getting old? (don't answer that), but it certainly made a change.

I liked Anne Franks house, it was a good experience - it made me want to read her diary and for me was well worth the visit. Rembrandt museum wasn't however - over-priced and over-rated. it took me two hours to find the place due to my keen sense of direction and 40 mins to spend 12.5€ - grrr. I'm currently in Berlin and my bed only costs 17€ and for that i get 8 hours out of it.

I was going to go for a swim in the Olympic pool (I'm in Berlin as i write) but it was closed so I'm now eating 2 dunkin donuts and drinking a coffee (some things don't change) :)

 

Comments

1

Ha! Awesome-another world travelling movie quoter! Hilarious quote frome Goldmember. My trusty travelling companion does not suffer from MQS (Movie Quoting Syndrome), so I must enjoy my own quotes as he looks at me askance. Good to know there are others out there! Shagadelic, baby, yeah! . . Shane: Of all the blog joints in all the towns in all the world, she writes into mine. MQS - I like it! I've had to cut down on the quotes though...you've just read why

  janet lettrich May 8, 2007 6:58 AM

2

don't talk about the nethelands.. it rockss

  adinda May 17, 2007 5:31 AM

3

bad i mean ... Shane:i guess you were high on bad rocks when you wrote this?

  adinda May 17, 2007 5:32 AM

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.