Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

San Jose

COSTA RICA | Wednesday, 27 February 2008 | Views [1152]

San Jose and my lost baggage - a load od old b*lls

San Jose and my lost baggage - a load od old b*lls

A fair chunk of my time has been spent either moping or trying to locate Bob.  As the airport never answers the phone i have little luck with the latter.  I'm also a bit fed up from wearing the same clothes for over 2 days.
 
I can't say that i like San Jose, I can't say that i gave it a fair chance either.  There's a couple of nice parks, some nice buildings - particularly churches and a couple of decent museums.  But it's also a fairly sprawling, fairly dirty, prostitute filled, loud marimbas of a place that lacks the beautiful squares of other Spanish influenced cities.  I'm not sorry to leave it after only 2 nights - in fact within an hour of having Bob returned to me...finally.
 
I'm aware that I'm not enjoying the travelling as much as when i first started - that's not to say I'm disliking it, more that I've become lethargic and less enthusiastic.  I'm also craving mental stimulus and i think it's all a result of travelling for so long in one go.  Even my couple of rest breaks in places hasn't really helped.  I've decided to base myself in Guatemala for a while to learn Spanish.  I just have to zip through a few countries to get there.  This will be the really difficult bit: deciding which places to miss out.  I have to believe this part of the trip is just a taster of these countries and that if i like them, as always - I'll be back.

 

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.