Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Kaikoura

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 23 January 2008 | Views [1190]

cool rocks, but no seals, no dolphins and no whales :-(

cool rocks, but no seals, no dolphins and no whales :-(

Watch the whales, swim with the dolphins, picnic with the seals or catch the tail end of a cyclone and spend a day dodging showers and cowering from the wind. It was REALLY windy. The strange thing is - I'm not that upset. But more of that another time! So I have a quiet day-and-a-half in Kaikoura. When the rain clouds clear, and the sun shines i can see that it's a nice little place. It's surrounded by mountains, it's sea based and contains a couple of travellers I've met before - i keep saying it's a small world. I'm feeling strangely good so i even go shopping...i must be mad. I can't afford anything, I've no room to put the anything into, i can't physically carry the weight of the anything and I'm supposed to be living a non-materialistic simple life. I'm not sure where i got that idea from, my bank manager maybe.

Kaikoura's town is not quite my cup-of-tea, but it has some really cool rock formations, beautifully coloured waters, is nicely surrounded by mountains and has given me yet another reason to come back to New Zealand. I want the chance of seeing a blue whale - they occasionally visit here...allegedly.

Tags: wildlife

 

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.