Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Cairns

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 19 October 2007 | Views [782]

Cairns is a quiet little place

Cairns is a quiet little place

My late arrival introduces me to Cairns, a packed bus and an old fat, man who has to squeeze his way to the front seat.  The bus driver has his laptop next to the seat and asks the passenger to ne careful.  The next thing you hear is the bus driver screaming:

 
"you're kicking the shit out of it, I should have got someone younger to go there". 
The guy responds with
"my wife is younger than me"
The bus driver turns around, looks at her and says
"younger than THAT"

Not the best starts, but it sadly made me chortle.  I guess Cairns is not a bad place, but not a good one either.  It's a nicely spaced out, smorgasbord of experiences to spend money on for the backpacker, with a nice esplanade of a board walk overlooking the beach/mud flats and birdies.  It also seems to contain a lot of fallen backpackers and drunk Aboriginals as well as many dopey people.

MAN KILLS PYTHON AFTER IT ATTACKS HIS CAT

..."All you could see was the cats head and back legs" he said.  "I ran upstairs and grabbed a number 1 fairway and was belting it until i broke the club and by this time it let go of the cat".
Mr Gladd said he then threw the cat up the stairs and was just getting his breath back when the snake lurched towards him.  "I thought I had killed it" he said...
"This time i got a seven iron and finished it off"...

Or how about:

MAN DIVES INTO RIVER AT NIGHT AND LANDS ON CROC

...After a brief struggle Mr Martin - who admitted to being "well into half a slab"....

Typically he was that sozzled that he went to be and slept it off.  Only finding in the morning that he needed dozens of stitches where the croc had bit his face.  Hmmmm.

 

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.