Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Climbing things in Split

CROATIA | Tuesday, 7 October 2014 | Views [446]

Sometimes Roman doorways are only hip high

Sometimes Roman doorways are only hip high

In the morning Nicole, Cameron and I went down to the Riva walkway by the sea and had some breakfast at a nice café. I had a large Greek salad that was nice and refreshing since I was wearing jeans in the warm sun. After eating we went to a street market so Cameron and I could buy shorts. Neither of us had brought any because we were in colder climates the whole time prior. I was able to negotiate my prices down quite a bit from the listed price on some shorts and sunglasses.  It felt pretty good to get a better deal and it felt really good to change into shorts.

Next we climbed the St. Dominus’s Bell Tower in Old Town. It is the same bell tower we ate in front of the other night. Nicole and Cameron are both afraid of heights so it was a little extra fun to watch them climb the open air stairs to the top. The view was quite nice and gave a nice overview of the city. After climbing down we went to explore the basements of the palace. The place is huge. This basement runs under a lot of the old town and is larger than many other palaces. The TV series Game of Thrones shoots in it from time to time. After the basement we got some chocolates and climbed a large hill next to the city. It had an even better view of the whole city and makes sense why everybody had recommended it so highly. On the way back into town we stopped for some seafood at a decent restaurant. The calamari I had was excellent. At the hostel we all fell asleep sitting in the common room. The combination of the two climbs and the large meal knocked us out. By the time we woke, it was a little late to go do anything else in the city.

Tags: bell tower, croatia, roman, split, viewpoint

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.