Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Gotta Split!

CROATIA | Monday, 6 October 2014 | Views [479]

In Old Town Split

In Old Town Split

I woke up for check out and some coffee this morning. It was time to head to the coastal city of Split. Cameron and Nicole were also headed to Split, so we meet up at the bus station and found our way. The bus ride was about 6 hours long, but went through some great scenery. Every time I woke up from napping, it was hard to sleep because I was staring out the window. We arrived in Split just at sunset and none of us had a hostel booked. Two Australians from the bus ride brought us over to where they were staying for the week.  We poked our heads around for a few minutes before using the free wifi to book a different hostel down the road in Old Town.

Old Town is the old royal palace district in Split. It is the oldest remaining palace from the Roman Empire that remains in the world and it is incredible. The entire area sits right next to a promenade by the Mediterranean Sea. I knew nothing about Split before I arrived, but I’m glad I decided to go. Our hostel was hidden around some small twisting streets (single file alley where your arms scrape both walls). Everybody at the hostel was nice, but the place is pretty simple. After check in we went down to one of the many hidden squares in Old Town for a meal at the base of a bell tower.

After dinner we met up with some Irish and German travelers at the hostel and went to a local bar called Charlie’s Bar. It was small and cramped and filled with smoke. Not the biggest fan. It started to rain a little so we headed back to the hostel and chilled in the common room for the rest of the night.

Tags: bus, cats everywhere, croatia, old town, roman, scenery, split, zagreb

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.