Existing Member?

Mat and Vendy's travels

2 days of chilling in Nha Trang

VIETNAM | Friday, 7 August 2009 | Views [844]

We arrived in Nha Trang after a long day on the train, another one like the night train - but this time nobody had any extra occupants in their cabins. It was a long but nice journey. We spent it chatting, reading and sleeping.

On arrival we went straight to bed and woke early next morning for breakfast. This breakfast had the biggest choice of food so far and yet it was the hardest to find something to eat! At least for me! I ended up having cold pasta and a chip butty.

After breakfast though we went to the harbour and got a private boat to a local village where we had a look round and then we went to a secluded little bay and went snorkelling by a coral reef where we saw some nice fish (but not as many as we were expecting). One man did see an octopus there though! After this we had a superb seafood lunch on the boat and then they took us to a beach where we were the only people visiting. Unfortunatley there was some rubbish floating around which put most of us off swimming but 2 people rented a jetski and another did parascending! Vendy had a massage and a manicure and pedicure while we were resting - all for a very nice price!

Today we have had another relaxing day sitting by the sea, being pestered a little by people selling things and later we went to the pool. After lunch the whole group went for some pampering to the mud baths here- a very strange experience for the boys - I think that everyone enjoyed it though - a thoroughly relaxing stay in Nha Trang..... just wish we could stay longer....

Tags: manicure, mud baths, pedicure, snorkelling

About matsmith


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.