Existing Member?

Mat and Vendy's travels

09.02.21-27 Karnten Ski trip

AUSTRIA | Wednesday, 4 March 2009 | Views [609] | Comments [1]

Firstly I have to say what a lovely place Karnten is, its really pretty and I'm sure it looks even nicer when there isn't snow covering everything! You'll see from the pictures how much snow there was and for me it pretty amazing. Not sure if I've ever seen that much snow before!

Next I should say that it was a shame that it took me more than 30 years to learn how to ski, as for the first few days it was very difficult and tiring and I slept after skiing, and again from about 9pm through til morning! Also it seemed to me that the young kids learning could do it without even trying! And they weren't scared of falling and hurting themselves like I was!

But after the initial shock I got used to it and had a lot of fun, and I think that by the end of the week I could go (almost) where I wanted without falling over (too many times!)

On top of this we played some funny games while relaxing in the evenings - the best of which was Aktivity. A similar game to Pictionary - the special version with miming and descriptions and stuff.... which kept us occupied for hours, and there are sme phots of Zdenek, Regina, Pepa and Zuzu all doing some silly things..... unfortunately no one got a picture of me.......

 

Comments

1

The last sentence is not true! There are quite a few photos of you in my web album ;-)

http://jrg.rajce.idnes.cz/Nassfeld_2009/

  Zdenek Nov 5, 2009 11:35 AM

About matsmith


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.