Existing Member?

Mat and Vendy's travels

Sucre - capital of Bolivia

BOLIVIA | Thursday, 21 August 2008 | Views [856]

face to face with t rex

face to face with t rex

This city is like no other capital city I´ve seen. It's small, pretty, fairly quiet and clean! Perhaps this is because the government is in La Paz, and the centre of commerce too. The only thing which upset this idyllic city was the student protest and march going on today. 

After spending a couple of days here we´ve seen what a great place Sucre is, and had time to explore the city as well as spend lots of time in a cafe/bar/restaurant called the joyride cafe. They sell some lovely food and upstairs there´s a nice cocktail bar.  

Yesterday we went to the dinosaur park, and saw the 100 million year old footprints. it was really interesting and the park was really well presented. A great guide showed us round and got us all into it. Today we´ve been up to the monastry and then had the biggest lunch i´ve seen!! I was so hungry that I had a cake while waiting for my food to come, a little mistake but a nice one!

After that I spent most of the time looking for a t-shirt before finding the one I was after - I think the lady could tell I was desperate as she charged me more than any of the other shopkeepers - still it wasn´t expensive really!

Tonight we´re going for a drink and then in the morning we´re leaving for Potosi. It might be an interesting journey as the road is apparently blocked - maybe an interesting story in the pipeline!

Tags: ´t-shirt, dinosaur park, joyride cafe

About matsmith


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.