Existing Member?

Mat and Vendy's travels

Life in La Paz

BOLIVIA | Saturday, 16 August 2008 | Views [444]

We´ve been enjoying life in La Paz, as for the first time in ages we´ve spent four nights in one place!

Yesterday we went to a spinning class with Alison and then had a cuban lunch, followed by walking round the markets. In the evening we met our new group. There are 12 people, 2 people from the last trip and 8 new. There´s a retired man, 2 young girls, another couple and 2 men who are arriving today some time. Our new group leader is an Australian girl called Mars, and so far everyone seems really nice.

This morning we went to the gym for an hour and going for lunch again with our old group as they are leaving at 6pm. I think we might do a little bit of shopping this afternoon and we´ll visit Alex in the hospital. It's nice to do some normal things after the rush of travelling through Peru, though I´m looking forward to moving on tomorrow.

Tonight we´ve arranged to go to a Pena where we can have dinner and watch local dancing (in local costumes) and listen to local music. I hope it´ll be ok as it was our suggestion to go but the group all agreed!!

We´re leaving at 9 in the morning and have quite a long bus journey to Cochabamba so should arrive in the late afternoon.  

About matsmith


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.