Existing Member?

Mat and Vendy's travels

Cuzco and preparing for the Inca Trail

PERU | Sunday, 3 August 2008 | Views [561]

An all day bus journey yesterday was split only by a stop in the national park where we were lucky enough to see flamingos in the lagoon, and a half hour lunch stop for a picnic in the strangest place we´ve yet seen. There was nobody in the square until our bus parked and then children appeared from nowhere trying to sell us weird cow models for luck! Nobody bought any, but we did have a game of football with a dirty little boy, and i think some people gave the kids some fruit when we left.

When we arrived in Cuzco we were met by a doctor as vendy and 3 other people on our tour are now ill with various things. Vendy has an ear and throat infection, probably brought on by the cold nights, or all the travelling and the others have stomach problems. Sally, the fourth girl has an infected tongue ring which has come on because of a cold/flu. The plan is to get everyone healthy for the inca trail in 2 days time!! 

Cuzco is the most beautiful city we have been to, without a doubt and its easy to see why it's so popular. There is a great atmosphere, geat buildings and lots of ruins and museums to see. Again, its a flying visit and we´re resting up so when we come back in a few days we´re going to see some of the archeological sites, but today we just looked around and had a rest.

Tomorrow we go to the sacred valley, and then start the inca trail so I´ll write again in about 4 days.......

About matsmith


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.