Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 187: Another easy day in Perth

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 10 May 2008 | Views [401]

Saturday 10th May

I woke up, took out my earplugs and my ears became sensitive to the sound of the rain pattering against the window and water gushing from the drainpipes. I looked out to see a horrible day in progress and it put paid to my plans of returning to Freemantle for another day trip. I thought it wise to keep 'Freo' for a better day.

Instead, I spent most of the day once more in the library, doing some writing and researching some options for my trip up the coast (including my intention of doing some more diving and swimming with the whale sharks who migrate to the coast of WA between April and June each year).

It was good just to sit still for a few days, recharge the batteries and the library was a sufficiently relaxing place to achieve this goal (and a great way of saving money too!). I took a walk about some of the shops, thankful that the sun had come out after a washout of a morning. Later in the evening, I went to the Leederville district, situated west of Northbridge to see my third movie in three nights (I like to do a cinema-binge every now and then). It was called 'Lars and The Real Girl', an odd but very enjoyable film about a guy and his blow-up doll girlfriend (it sounds more dodgy than it is!).

On the way back to the hostel it was even busier than the night before, and it would seem that Saturday night is when the goons come out in full force in Perth, and all of them land on Northbridge.

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.