Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 186: Taking it handy in Perth

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 9 May 2008 | Views [394]

The WACA Stadium, Perth

The WACA Stadium, Perth

Friday 9th May

I got up and out of the hostel at 09.30, grabbed a wonderfully greasy bacon and egg roll for breakfast (a real taste of home!) and spent a few hours on the internet in the library. It was a nice place, very comfortable and I was grateful for the opportunity to use these facilities as it made the whole process of organising my trip so much easier, not to mention cheaper. I was also able to update my journal which I was lagging behind on.

I didn't do much else that day except take a walk about town and visit the WACA cricket ground (I found out that there was a guided tour that I could do the following Monday, provided I was still in town). I called the 'Easy Rider' office and found out that there were no spaces left on the bus to the first overnight stop at Coral Bay until the following Tuesday. This meant that I would have to spend a few more days in Perth than planned. It wasn't ideal but I had only just made up my mind to do it so I shouldn't have been surprised that there was no room for me. Also, there were worse places to be than Perth.

I spent a bit more time in the library, took a short walk to Northbridge – a district with a huge amount of pubs and restaurants – and went to the cinema again (a decent Aussie movie called 'Black Balloon' with Toni Collette). As I made my way home after the movie, Perth was buzzing with people out celebrating a Friday night. Northbridge – near to where I was staying – is the epicentre of it all, and I made my way back to the hostel through the throng.

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.