Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 181: A trip to Bussleton

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 4 May 2008 | Views [366]

Mum & Dad at Cape Naturaliste, WA

Mum & Dad at Cape Naturaliste, WA

Sunday 4th May

There was still a lot to see in the Margaret River area before we moved on further south the following day, so we took a trip to the jetty at Bussleton, which is a famous local sight, and a good place for a Sunday stroll. Bussleton is an even larger town than Dunsborough, and is located about half an hour drive east of where we were staying. We had an ice cream at 'Simmo's', another well-known sight in the area, before we took a walk along the jetty, watched some of the locals – families, kids, and older men and women – fish the sea for the remaining catch that is left in this area ( and which seems to have been destroyed by commercial fishing, like many places all over the world).

After we left Bussleton, we went back to Dunsborough and up the peninsula, stopping off at some of the beaches north of where we were staying: Meelup, Eagle Bay, and took a walk along the trails at Cape Naturaliste. It is a great location for spotting the humpback and southern right whales that migrate here between September and December every year. It was really beautiful as the sun started to set. We saw a couple of kangaroos jump about, and the large sticky flies that hovered over the bush made Mum scream, which was a great source of entertainment for me and Dad.

After getting back to the house, we headed out for dinner – such treatment I was receiving! - to the 'En Joia' restaurant and had another great meal before heading back to sort out our stuff ahead of our move to the town of Denmark on the south coast the following day.

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.