Existing Member?

Bec and Toms European Adventure

We love you Ireland!

IRELAND | Thursday, 19 March 2015 | Views [394] | Comments [2]

Hiyaaa! Quick little update as I lie in my cozy warm bed in my new favourite town.. In a quiet hostel.. with good showers..One room mate other than tom..comfy couches and a stones throw away from the ocean.. we loved Galway, it was everything we expected and more and that included our very special Irish St Patricks Day! Galways streets are filled with buskers singing all day long and into the night. The people are lovely.. the man at the pharmacy gave tom his man cold tablets for €5 instead of the €7 they were worth.. we got a free camera connector for the ipad at a camera shop and then a free sim card holder as well.. too kind!! We always walk away like.. are we sure we aren't meant to give them money?!?! St pats was filled with beer and music..the street was absolutely filthy with glass and rubbish by the end of the night. . But by 9am the next morning it was as if it never happened..the roads were sparkling clean..must have been the leprechauns that cleaned it all up overnight.  To end my last morning in Galway i had to return to my favourite cafe where this lady makes the best bacon and cheese croissants..ever.. im living by 'a croissant a day keeps the doctor away'.. so far so good.. i tried to tell tom but nooo..and guess who got sick *cough tom cough*.. so i ordered my croissant.. got my croissant..left the cafe.. dropped my fresh hot croissanr straight onto the ground making a mess of the new cleaned streets.. however, clean street.. clean croissant.. i picked that bad boy straight back up and ate it..and loved it. Belfast is slightly trickier to get to from galway than expected so we made a last minute decision to head to Sligo with Toms parents in their car and tomorrow we are driving to Belfast. Sligo is so beautiful though we never want to leave..we are staying in a small surf town called Strandhill.. it was a warm 13 degrees today so we sat outside and watched the surfers.. went to a cafe for dinner where we had THE BEST EVER fish and chips (for me).. I've never had fish like it (know Cobbler dad? Catch it and cook it for me when I get home please) then made our way home for the night. Looking forward to Belfast tomorrow and Scotland on Saturday or Sunday!  

 

Comments

1

All sounds great nice to hear there are still generous people in the world. Enjoy Belfast my family are from Cookstown just near there. Xxx

  Gai Mar 19, 2015 6:36 PM

2

Am so very proud of you dropping a crossaint on the road and then eating it, 10 second rule is silly, just eat it :) mmm...now i want crossaint...
Loved seeing the pics of strand hill, looked pretty and relaxing for a stop.

P.S. The teacher is me is requesting that you add some paragraphs to your work...please..it makes it easier to read. then i shall be able to give you a sticker.

  Jess Mar 20, 2015 10:08 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.