Existing Member?

Bec and Toms European Adventure

Goodbye London, Hello Ireland!

IRELAND | Tuesday, 10 March 2015 | Views [326] | Comments [4]

Hi All! Just a quick note to keep you all up to date, aside from my photo blogging!  We had a great time in London.. Tom loved it however I'm pretty positive it won't be in my top 10 countries at the end of the trip. Its kind of like melbourne..but less exciting..and cold..with way more history..but the people dont really smile and everyone is always in a rush.We saw all of the sites, caught up with toms family and friends, became professionals with the underground train (not hard with citymapper apps) and ate plenty of food. We walked our feet off most days although the better we got at the trains the less we had to walk. We said goodbye to London today though and got excited for our next adventure! ireland! We got the train to Gatwick airport then flew over to Dublin with Aer Lingus. .by the time the plane got up into the air we were descending back down.. such a quick trip you forget your going international. We were welcomed by the most unfriendliest man in the whole entire world..He didn't even say hi when we gave him our passports... I swear all airport workers are miserable. .anyway, he had a 5 second effect on me until I moved on from his grumpy ass and we got the bus to Dublin! Our hostel is nice..lots of space however I'd forgotten we booked into an 18 bed dorm.. it's okay for me coz I could sleep under a train and not wake up.. Tom on the other hand may struggle.. I'll keep you posted ;) cooked up a home made meal with a thousand vegies (miss mums cooking already) and now hitting the hay. Lots of exciting things to do in Dublin by the looks of it so I'll keep you all posted on our movements and activities! 3 nights in Dublin before we head off to Galway for St Patricks Day! Miss you all!

Comments

1

Well your first part of the journey sounds wonderful and all the photos are great. I agree with Tom 18 bed dorm could be an issue, imagine all the snoring etc. Dublin looks pretty and I hope you have the luck of the Irish whilst you are there. Next time you come across a grumpy airport person just give them one of your famous grins and an Aussie hi and maybe one of them will crack a smile!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy St. Patrick's day and the green beer. xxxxx

  Gai Basso Mar 12, 2015 9:46 AM

2

Ooo got to love sleeping with 16 random strangers... On the other hand I just washed all the sheets and will be curling up in my bed tonight, aaaaaah...

  Jess Mar 12, 2015 3:37 PM

3

Great to read your news. I quite like Dublin it's quiet sort of place but downtown really buzzes in the evenings, pubs and restaurants. Are you going to the Guinness factory? I liked it. I'm sure you'll give it a go as you guys are adventuresome!!!! Keep enjoying. B x

  Brenda Mar 13, 2015 10:23 PM

4

a great read, sorry London didn't impress, but you really have to be into history to enjoy, mind you I'm not really into cities myself (except London ofcourse and Vancouver- Luv Vancouver) . Have never been to Ireland so looking forward to photos. Love G'ma

  Val chapman Mar 14, 2015 7:41 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.