Existing Member?

life's adventures This is the story of my wanderings through Asia

Chiang here and there

THAILAND | Sunday, 9 September 2012 | Views [383]

I flew north to Chiang Rai, my favourite spot two years ago. It is still peaceful and lovely, but growing a bit. Unfrtunately I didn’t get to spend much time with any of the people that became our Chiang Rai family last time round. I still had drinks at the bar ‘Peace House’ every evening, with the friendly Sanpet for company.

 

I managed to get a bit of writing about politically correct language in teaching down, so only a few more hours of focus needed for that assignment. As all travellers find at some point (especially when on your own), talking to strangers you usually explain your origins and questions are exchanged about purpose or location or time of your adventures. I am getting tired of explaining I am not really on holiday and I just wanted to re visit friends blablabla..then I go and recloosively open my laptop to do some reading or research for the presentation or essay I have to do soon.

 

It rained a bit on and off in Chiang Rai, I was lucky to see a few of the crew there, but resolved to return again…I wonder if I can manage it? I ate at the night market each eve, much more solitary than last time round, where was everyone hiding? Low season I guess. I did get a job offer though, so who knows where I might end up in a year or so?

 

So this morning I bussed to Chiang Mai, only 3 hours on a VIP bus, super comfortable and of course CM is easy as to figure out. Sunday is night market so walked around the foody bit and got a feast of various asian foods, then sat on damp seating and munched away. I flittered around the streets with yawns escaping. I think I will have an early night because I’m sad my friend Yung isn’t here. He was yesterday, but our paths corssed on the road between here and there. Funny how things like that happen, I talked to him and said I will see him in 2 more years.

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.