Existing Member?

life's adventures This is the story of my wanderings through Asia

Onwards I go

CHINA | Monday, 30 July 2012 | Views [564]

It is that time again, my feet are aching to be on the move, and here i go. First stop Shanghai, of course after coming here so many times I love this city, it is the least Chinese place and it will always be a favorite stop where I will be guaranteed to see old friends, meet new friends, do unexpected things and generally have a mindBLASTING time! My final days in Dalian were special due to the time spent with Tibo, Meghan Jenia and Ania, food was good, eating was nice!

Shanghai is still a great place, I enjoy myself so much it is always a bit sad to leave. Again I got to catchup with Stephan, the bursting full of like Canadian that really knows how to laugh. We met for free hotdogs at a cool courtyard bar, and went to chill at his place for the eve.

The next day I wandered around, avoiding my uni work and spent a while out of the blazing heat on skype to the family. I bought cute silk outfits for nieces and nephews and met up with Kara, a friend I made in Hanoi years earlier, who has just moved to Shanghai. Multiple iced coffees sitting in Tianzifang vintage market streets later, we headed off to meet Charlie, the friendliest guy ever!

A great eve spent drinking 2 for one cocktails sitting on the rooftop terrace of a fancy place with friends a plenty, again we ended up hanging out a Charlies place, I say again because last time I was in Shnghai I went there for dins the night before flying, and of course wished I couldve stayed and really gotten to know more of his friends and had a slice of shanghai life for myself.

So once more I head off to catch the metro to Pudong, not knowing when or if I will return...

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.