Existing Member?

life's adventures This is the story of my wanderings through Asia

Russia transit

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Wednesday, 20 July 2011 | Views [279]

Waiting in transit is always interesting. Especially when you get emails from people who have been in your life for only a short time. Its not so much regret and sadness, more the warm feeling of luckiness, at the fact you had the experience in the first place, and the hope that you might see them again in the future.

 

I have promised so many of these wonderful people I will return to Italy, I want to throw in my aspirations in China and go as soon as I can. Then I realize I promised friends the same thing in Argentina so long ago. So now I begin my dreamy wonders as to how I may eventually make it back, and then scour the globe with a light backpack, no worries or time limit.

 

If anyone has any ideas about how I could achieve this? Well for now I just look around me and cant help but smile. My first time in Russia. The airport is massive, people smoking and bars and cafes, so many duty free shops and hundreds of departure gates. There’s even an Irish bar! So I’m quite sweaty after walking the entire length to my transit gate, and have another hour before  I can board, and probably much more than that until I arrive in Beijing.

 

Looking out the window as we landed, the clouds displayed a beautiful haze of rain columns with rays of light echoing thrugh the mist, the houses and fields below all so quaint seeming, I didn’t spare any time for the towering city in the distance, so the countryside took my breath away. Perhaps I should come to Russia one day haha!

 

On arrival in China I have around 6 hours to wait until my next flight. So will have plenty more time to muse over the highs and lows I have had, the friends I have made and will miss, the language I must conquer and the study to complete, this being my least favourite but of highest priority.

 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.