Existing Member?

life's adventures This is the story of my wanderings through Asia

Hanoi life

VIETNAM | Friday, 17 September 2010 | Views [494]

Today spent having lunch with Josh, discussing hectic plans and developments of our plan. Now he has to go to Laos for his china visa, which is hugely going to drain time and money. The difficult decisions you make when traveling are sometimes not at all logical but we do it for love, experience and recommendation. Its a bit of an adventure having to bring something worth selling or showing to the crowd of who-knows.

I am loving having a private space to hang out with Matt and we spent the evening just watching videos with Josh, made dinner and sat on the rooftop enjoying a breeze that you can’t find from exhausts crowding the streets in the daytime, so it was peaceful and lovely.

During the day me and Josh embarked on the materials missions around the old quarter, which is still a maze to me, but we can navigate around chain street and toy street is best avoided. We both had stress levels soaring trying to get out of these traffic jammed fogs of people cars and motorbikes, never mind the florescent blur of plastic and glitter blaring from every inch of sidewalk. Its amazing how your whole system and being can protest such incredible trespassing into consciousness and the suffocating made us both semi crazy, very touchy and over the whole thing. We did come out successful in many ways, hanging for the whole day with josh was important, and we managed to find some good deals with the kind and funny old coffee lady, and sort out some ideas and materials for artwork at the festival in LiJiang, which is now confirmed. Bring on disorganized stall; lets have a go to make it work!

Tired after an early rise thanks to the construction. Tomorrow I have dishes and washing and wandering to do. Save some funds before going out. It’s the birthday of a girl we met at a bar called half man half noodle last night. She was from Holland but spoke excellent Spanish. Also met a nice guy from America, Eric, and Josh came with his massive white paint marker to tag the walls, I put up some kowhaiwhai and wee phrases and sentiments I pass on from home. Its strange how you go places that are covered in writing, you can sit and read the crude or beautiful decoration of humans like-minded but individual expressions.

I am at this moment enjoying Matts huge headphones as I write.
bamboo street

bamboo street

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.