Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Don't you speak French?

CANADA | Saturday, 4 March 2006 | Views [1300] | Comments [19]

Hi ho, How is everyone. I hope they are enjoying the warmth because it is pretty cold here at the moment.

My title refers to a man I spoke to while working at the call-centre from New Brunswick. Our conversation went like this.

bonjour

Hi, do you accept credit cards for purchases?

Don't you speak French.

No, Sorry.

Then I don't speak English goodbye.

That was the only good thing that happened my whole time telemarketing. I only lasted three days before my spirit was broken and I quit. I felt really bad about myself for a while after. But telemarketing is horrible and immoral. I have decided the only way to deal with it is for people to ignore telemarketers any time they call. They must be stopped.

The employment agency I am with has put me on the list for working at a food proccessing factory. I don't know if this'll be any better, but at least I know the agency has a whole swag of things that I can do before all possibilities have been exhausted. At least I feel a little bit secure.

The practised for the plays I am in have been going very nicely. The director is CRAZY. Which is good because all directors should be. He is pretty deaf so you have to talk loudly and be right in front of him so he'll understand what you say. And  then he still mixes it up a bit. He has very specific ideas about what he wants. He'll start explaining and then drift into politics and then golf and then the Sudenese and then will just say 'everyone got that'. Which we really don't. He is a bit scruffy and has crazy eyes. He is the best director EVER.

The finals of 'Dancing with the Stars' and 'Skating with Celebrities' have been on. Drew Lachey, Nick Lacheys little brother won the Dancing One and Kristy Swanson (Original Buffy) won the skating one. I think now is the best time ever to be a minor or former celebrity. There is an abundance of work available. Theres these shows and then the surreal House which is like big brother but with celebs, celeebrity fit squad, the one where former singing stars compete against each other... the list goes on. It is recycling. Very applicable in this modern age.

I got a card from Melissa wishing me a happy St Paddys day. It was awesome cos it actually arrived right on St Patricks day. Well planned. Speaking of things being well planned I have been oft made aware that the packages I have sent have yet to arrive. I am sorry about this but I don't know what I can do. I might ring the post office if they don't arrive by mid-march.

Speaking of correspondence. Helen, that was the longest comment I have ever recieved. You should get some kind of a reward for it. Simon, I can put photos up because it askes me on my form. I have no idea how anyone else would. And Hansens. I know you are coming to mum and dads on Sunday. I know some of you will use the computer. You should swing by my site and say hello. Ebony I am putting you in charge of making sure my message gets through.

Anywho. I want some ideas about where I should visit in Canada. I am kind of thinking about going through the east coast of the States from New York up to the east coast of Canada and then through Quebec back to Hamilton. I think that would be fun. Kylie I would especially like your input.

Ok, Hope everyone has a super fun weekend.

Tags: I should have known better!

Comments

1

St Patricks day hasn't been yet. I'm an idiot.

  gentlesue Mar 4, 2006 6:53 AM

2

It has in the surreal house.
Where the snakes drink green guinness while chasing leprechauns.

  Ezra Mar 4, 2006 12:08 PM

3

Um.. Sue, I think we are actually going to go to the Hansens House tomorrow, not the other way round. However I could get them to write you a message then when I get home i can post it under there names like they did it...

  Ebony Mar 5, 2006 2:50 AM

4

Hey Susan hope that you are having fun in canada. It's nice and hot in perth, I am enjoying work at target. I have moved departments. I am in men's wear and make up departments. Well hope you enjoy yourself. Love Jo XOXO

  Joelene Mar 6, 2006 2:55 AM

5

Hello Susan. Have a good time and all that crap.

  Justin Mar 6, 2006 2:56 AM

6

Hello Susan, I hope your having a good time in canada. I got made vice captain of red faction at my school. Ebony told me to say I miss you.

  Nadine Mar 6, 2006 2:57 AM

7

Because all Miles would say was 'No Comment' I shall briefly describe how he's currently getting on.

  Miles Mar 6, 2006 3:01 AM

8

hIS vOIce iS brEAkINg <> hE is STill BeiNG mEAn tOo HIS sibLingS<> HE hAs a muLlET<>

  Miles Mar 6, 2006 3:03 AM

9

In general none of the hansen kids were very cooperative. Jo was the only one that wrote something down, for the rest I had to scribe. Kelly and Big Miles said Hi. Tehe, Nin sounds funny.

  Ebony Mar 6, 2006 3:06 AM

10

After ther description of Miles I thought I would describe myself in a simalar vain... My voice has just broken, my siblings are wonderful and i shall limit my meaness toward them, and I also have a mullet.

  Brenton Mar 6, 2006 4:24 PM

11

Oh and by the way Sue it was wonderful hearing you and talking to you on the phone last night. Despite all the ups and downs since arriving in Canada you are still sounding quite happy and optimistic and thats great to hear. I will passionately second your call for all Telemarketing to be abolished and will also celebrate St Patricks day 10 days early in your honour. Luck of the Irish to ya!

  Brenton Marlow Mar 6, 2006 4:29 PM

12

Good to talk to you last night. I'm all out of news.
That French guy's comment was pretty funny.
Not enough crazy directors. There should be more.
I like packages. Brown paper packages tied up in string. I like presents.
Have they thought of a "Buffy on Ice"? Just thinking aloud.
WHAT'S HAPPENING- Tonight on Neighbours- "Steph is hospitalised."

  Simon James Mar 6, 2006 10:45 PM

13



Hi there Sue. I am not sorry that the marketing job didn't work out for you... I have to agree that it must be stopped. Rosemary has become very good at detecting these unwanted call even before they start speaking. She has taken to answering the phone with Hello...Armadale Police Station.
They never call back. Hopefully our number will get blacklisted.

Simon... I will reveal my secret to you via email because i would hate for ever loonie out there to start posting pictures on Sue's excellent and respectable Journal... but only because you said please.

  Master Patt Mar 7, 2006 2:48 AM

14

Hi susie girl!! SOO…. My ideas on where you should go. Anywhere really that takes your fancy. Just hop on a bus and go. Have you got a Lonely Planet or Rough Guide for Ca?? They are helpful for travelling cheap and places to see and – most importantly - how to get there. While on the east side of Ca I visited Niagara, Kingston, Ottawa, Quebec, Montreal, Guelph of course, Toronto. Places I would have liked to see – Nova Scotia etc and further east (Anne of Green Gables country). I ran out of time really to see these things. I was in Montreal and Quebec just before Christmas so it was snowing and the Christmas lights made everything look very fairy-tale-ish. On the West Coast – Vancouver, Whistler, Calgary, Banff, Jasper and all the places of interest inbetween (famous lakes and glaciers), plus the northern lights (the ones in the sky at night - can’t remember what they are officially called). Plus the greyhound bus ride from Calgary to Toronto – a very good way to see the flat flat flat prairies with no trees anywhere. I found that all very interesting. It’s a long ride (3 days) but do-able. If you do a long greyhound ride, do your best to not get on the first bus. They are usually FULL. I tried to get on the extra buses for the overflow and they were not always so full. If I went back to Ca I would definitely do my best to go north, probably on the West coast, but more than just seeing things – I would try to do things that were the Canadian way of life – ice hockey games (Nat n I got into a pre-season Toronto Maple Leaf game), football games (Nat n I got in for free at half time by wandering around the stadium), farmers markets (in almost every town), Canadian food (mmmmm tim bits!!), go skiing. There’s much to discover! And you will be interested in different things to me perhaps. Anyway – Ottawa – the nation’s capital. Nat and I went here by bus and managed to get to our hostel in the dead of the night! We stayed at a former prison. The beds are in old jail cells, and the doors are still the original bars. Went on a tour to see where they used to hang people etc…. I was pleased that we did this tour at the end of our stay and not at the beginning otherwise I may not have slept very well! Went on a tour of Parliament (not much different than Oz really), tried to visit the Oz Embassy but they don’t work on the weekends (really!!!) also walked forever to see the Governor General’s house. Apparently you can go on a tour inside the house but because the Queen was visiting Ottawa the very next day, the furtherest that Nat and I got in the house was the front foyer, and only because we managed to chat up and smile nicely to an otherwise stern guard. The grounds/gardens of this place were interesting – totem poles and the like. The Governor General at the time (not sure if that’s the correct title) went to Ca as a female refugee from Hong Kong. So I found that fact quite interesting – in contrast to Oz always having former male army people as the Governor etc. Montreal – stayed in the Latin quarters. Very cute. I could hear the horses clip clopping over the pebbled roads at night. Mostly walked around the main city area. Visited the church that Celine Dion got married in! VERY BIG. Quebec – Caught bus to a very big, partly frozen waterfall, walked around in the snow, tour of various museums. Toronto – Natalie was with me on my Toronto visits so it was fabulous to have her company. Ice hockey games, football games (their football is not like AFL – go the Dockers!!). Walked through the shops/underground walkways, hot dogs from a street vendor, Kingston – went there with a friend. It was SNOWING big time!!. Saw what beavers do to trees, shovelled snow, made snow angels, On the west coast I was on a backpacker bus. So saw lots of things because of that – the Rockies, Athabascar Glacier, famous lakes, bears! Salmon doing their ‘swimming upstream’ thing. Calgary – Went to see the dinosaur park. Very interesting! Also visited the Olympic Park. Saw the Jamacian bobsled from the movie Cool Runnings. Toured the Calgary ice hockey team’s stadium. And of course the USA is only a short ride away. I tried in vain to get into Oprah’s audience in Chicago. New York and surroundings is also a short train ride away. Near where you are situated – Alonquin Park (sp??) I didn’t get there. But heard it’s worthwhile. Also – in whatever city you are in, go up the tallest building, if you can. Just for fun Can’t think of much else………… Hope the food processing job works well. As long as it’s not dairy though, cos that smells. have fun in the snow xxx K

  Kips Mar 7, 2006 2:01 PM

15

Susie - you must go through Amish country if you can. I think it's in upstate new york!! I think that would be quite interesting!! xx k

  kips Mar 7, 2006 2:03 PM

16

Hi, Susan. I hope you are feeling a bit better by now. I'm glad you're enjoying the rehearsals. As for places to visit in Canada, why don't you look in your book and decide where you would most like to go? Personally, I would visit Vancouver, King Edward Island, Quebec City and take the train through the Rocky Mountains. Love, Mum.

  Mum Mar 7, 2006 5:52 PM

17

Well... maybe not. I'll have to work on that one.

  Master Patt Mar 9, 2006 5:37 PM

18

I am looking for girl friend from morocco country she lives in morocco I am single

  adam Jul 13, 2006 11:55 AM

19

hay nice one im an EMO kid i cut my wrists like you stuff and soon i will commit sewiside and i cant spell even though im 23 lol

  kenton Jul 24, 2006 3:37 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.