Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

The winter olympics is far superior to the summer olympics

CANADA | Monday, 27 February 2006 | Views [1865] | Comments [17]

Hi Ho

That is a cool greeting that I have stolen from Helen.

How is everyone? I am really good. I had my last day at HomeSense yesterday. I was glad but I was also a little sad. The people there are all really nice.

I started my new job on Thursday. It is ok. A bit repetitive but the hours are good. I only have to do it for 11 weeks. I am calling people from all over Canada. That is a bit cool.

There is a motley bunch of people working there. It is quite amusing.

Ok. I am not in just one play, I am in TWO plays. Taming of the Shrew is the Summer play but they also are doing Macbeth as a Fall play. Someone pulled out so I was asked if I could be in it. I am playing a gentlewoman and I am in one scene. That is awesome though. With Taming most of the people who auditioned were female but there are only 3 female roles in the whole play. As a result I am playing a man! Typical! I am playing thr Pedant. It is the one who pretends to be … that guys father, so that the nice one who wants to marry Bianca will be worthy. It is a nice sized part. Big enough to be worthwhile but not so big as to get super nervous.

It was fun to go to the rehearsal. I remembered how much fun they could be. It should be good.

Yesterday I went to the Toronto Car Show. It was fun. It was quite similar to the one in Perth but bigger and had some extra makes of cars. It had a display of all old restored cars aswell. That was cool. Daniel would have gone NUTS. Jane Ann took lots of photos. I might have but my camera wouldn’t have registered a super lot. It was a bit dark.

I would like to say, from a purely metaphysical perspective who can really say who the REAL Susan is. There might be little bits of Susan in us all. If Simon, however does truelly believe he is the real Susan he’ll have to take up complaining about everything, write and speak indecipherably and start wearing big earrings or he’ll never pull it off.

I got my invite to Brenton and Lauras wedding. That was very nice. Unfortunately I’ll have to decline. I will be there in spirit. I need an email address to send my ‘telegram’. I am trying to think of something funny to say. Any ideas will be most welcome.

Did you know you could add photos to your comments? Matt did. I can add photos to my journal too. I only just found that out.

Anyway, I must be off. I have to go to my rehearsal in a minute. 

Tags: infective pustules

Comments

1

Hi, Susan. I hope you really have fun at the rehearsals. Does 'summer play' and 'fall' play mean that they will be performed in those seasons? If so, the rehearsals are starting awfully early, aren't they? I hope you settle in OK at your new job. Nothing much happening here. Adam had an accident at work and has fractured his jaw and broken some teeth. Kerin says he is OK, and he is at home. All necessary medical/dental work will be paid for by workers comp. It is very hot again - 37 degrees yesterday and 38 degrees predicted for today with a thunderstorm possible later or tomorrow, and rain on Wednesday. A cyclone is forming off the Pilbara coast. Keep having fun. Love. Mum

  Mum Feb 27, 2006 2:44 PM

2

Susan... you have described Simon to a tee... although he will have to work on his indecipherable writing.

Catchya

  Master Patt Feb 27, 2006 3:46 PM

3

HOW do you add pictures? How do you add pictures?
It's always sad to let the ceramic chickens go. I've heard that your job involves recording people's responses to your questions, and I was wondering if that was legal? Not that I have any qualms about you breaking the law, it's just that I was going to hook up my tapeplayer to the telephone, sell them like Andy Warhol, and was wondering if I should advertise in the Yellow Pages. Do you think Canadians people hear your Australian accent and are concerned about Canadian jobs being farmed overseas to cheap, Third World countries like Australia? A pedant is someone who is picky and into detail. It is someone who is pedantic. I think they are also teachers and professors. Wikipedia rocks. Do you get to wear a beard?
I am not the real Susan. It's just that I am patient, poetic in writing and well-spoken, and small-lobed. The real Susan is gone. All we are left with is a sham inside a counterfeit, wrapped in a vineleaf. Could you not see the possibilities people? Marketing would have gone through the roof. This could have been greater than the Pepsi-Cola wars.
"Off to rehearsals." That is very cool.
We went into Fremantle for Helens birthday, and saw her new house. It is very cool. Helen gave me a birthday present, which was a book by one of my favourite authors. Daniel brought everyone straws full of Milo stuff, so when you suck on a glass of milk, it turns into Choc milk! It's awesome. I went to Timezone with Daniel, and kept losing at Daytone USA. He bought me a plastic gorilla with his Power tokens. He got bouncy eye-balls. It may have been the best day of my life.

HOW do you put up pictures?

  Simon James Feb 28, 2006 12:39 AM

4


This picture is titled Simon and Tim... or is it Tim and Simon?

Here is the proof that Simon and Tim are none other than World Class Bocce Masters. I bet you didn't know that... eh!

  Master patt Feb 28, 2006 2:52 AM

5

Let the ceramic chickens go, Susan.
.
.
.Free them.
Free the ceramic chickens
Now!
Pedant: One who states in a superior tone: It is 'The Winter Olympics ARE far superior to the Summer Olympics'.

  Ezra Feb 28, 2006 10:27 AM

6

Ezra- bullseye.
I forgot to add- I ALSO received an invite to Brenton and Laura's wedding, and felt very special. HOWEVER, a day later I received an invite to my cousins wedding, which is the same day, an hour later, in Perth city. Oh, the agony. Water is thicker than blood, right? If ONLY there were two of me, then all of my problems would be solved. Just thought I'd share.
Is it just me, or does it appear that I have sprouted an extra pair of legs in the bocce photo?
OK, I BELIEVE YOU, NOW STOP HOGGING AND SHARE YOUR ANCIENT POWERS. HOW DO YOU PUT UP PICTURES?
Is anyone else getting the same spam codes to re-enter?

  Simon James Feb 28, 2006 6:59 PM

7

Yes Simon... it does seem that you do indeed have an extra pair of legs... and what lovely legs they are.

posting pictures is fun...
you can do all with ease...
but I don't have the fredom to help...
cause you didn't use the magic word that sound alot like cheese.

  Master Patt Mar 1, 2006 12:03 PM

8

Hi Susan. First of all I have to sigh when I read that Simon wishes there were 2 of him. Perish the thought - it's bad enough now with most people still getting mixed up with him and Tim. I keep telling them to count the freckles on their nose!!! Now to get serious. I fully agree - the winter olympics gets my vote anytime. I love to sit in 40' heat watching the ice-skating and the skiing, wishing I was there to enjoy all that snow and ice and making snowballs to throw at the postman!! Hang on, I had better qualify that statement - I don't love to sit in 40' heat - in fact I absolutely hate it and I can't wait for winter. My being English bred makes me detest Aussie summers. (I can hear even now 2 sons reading this going 'boo hoo." No sympathy where they are concerned.) Before I close something to think about - when Tim comes back ask him why he has recently been on a trip to Mussoorie, which he tells me is the place all local Indians are going for their honeymoon!!! Happy acting - you were always good at drama.HKDC73

  Maureen James Mar 1, 2006 3:47 PM

9

Dear Susan, Thanks for your wonderfully generous sentiments about me. I am glad you are enjoying rehearsals and hope the plays go well. I hope you don't go hoarse after 11 weeks of ringing people up. It is very hot down here too (as well as Perth). Last Tuesday we went to Bunbury and almost melted. The weather should start to get hotter in Canada soon. Emma started her Uni course on Tuesday. She is doing Latin as part of Arts in the Law/Arts degree. I'm pretty chuffed because I also did Latin in '86. It is John Howard's tenth anniversary as PM tomorrow. What is wrong with the Australian Electorate? Love Janet PS. I tried to send this message before but it didn't seem to work so I am sending it again. If you get it three or four times, that is why.

  Janet Cheeseman Mar 1, 2006 6:03 PM

10

Hello Sue. On this day two years ago we saw David Bowie in concert. And tomorrow is Kelly's birthday. We will be having a family barbeque on Sunday and you can't come. I bet theres even gonna be that Potato stuff that Kelly makes. I miss you a lot, much much more than Daniel does. Also, youre probably wondering about the whole Ben Cousins debarcle. He decided to quit and now Chris Judd is the captain of the Eagles. Justin is probably in heaven. Bye

  Ebony Mar 2, 2006 2:04 AM

11

INTRODUCTION' Palmistry reflects our physic and physical abilities with insight into our true potential in life, so it manifests itself in the hand throughout the changes of our lives. Therefore Palmistry is the spiritual, physical and direction of life. There are 27 Bones, Dozens of Muscles, and Millions of Nerves in the hand. The Chinese began studying the hand about 3,000 B.C. and India about the same time. Aryan Sages developed the study of hand analysis ( Hast Samudrika Shastra ) as part of a larger science (Samudrika Shastra), which interprets and forecasts human nature and destiny by scrutinizing the forehead, face, hands, chest and feet. The earliest reference to palmistry can be found in VEDIC text The Laws of Manu (vi:50). Although no written records remain it is known that the ancient Chaldeans, Tibetans, Sumerians, and the Babylonians studied palmistry, also early Hebrews, Egyptians, Persians and Greeks - Chirosophy, Aristotle and Hippocrates and Artemodoros. CHIROMANCY- ( pronounced KIROMANCY ) The art and science of foretelling the future by the lines of the hand. It comes from the Greek word, chir meaning 'hand' and man/do meaning 'divination', Iiteral1ymeaning "divination through the hand". The Bible offers a wealth of references to the hand and its significance eg. Job 37:7, He sealth up the hand of every man; that all men may know his work. Proverbs 3:16, Length of days in her right hand; and in her left riches and honour. Exodus 7:5 Ezra 7:9 and Isaiah 8:11. The hand has also been seen as symbolizing the passion of Christ, (and Mary's) with healing light radiating from their hands and fingers. The early Catholics saw special meaning; The Thumb as GOD, The Index Finger as THE HOLY GHOST, The Middle Finger as CHRIST, The Ring and Little Fingers reveal His double nature, DIVINE and HUMAN respectively. Priests bless parishioners with the Thumb, Index and Middle fingers raised, symbolizing the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. The Muslims also consider the hand as important, the hand itself as a sign of protection. The five fingers represent the Holy Family; The Thumb as MOHAMMED, The Index finger the LADY FATIMA, The Middle finger her husband All, The Ring finger HASSAN, The Little finger - HUSSEIN. The fingers also represent the five principal commandments of Islam: TheThumb; Believe in the oneness of Allah (God). Index finger; Perform all necessary ablutions, (salaah 5 times a day). Middle finger; Keep the feast of Ramadan. Ring finger; Accomplish the pilgrimage to Mecca. The Little finger; Give alms to the poor. The concept that our hands express who we are forms the foundation of Psychologicatly oriented hand analysis (chirology) as opposed to predicative palmistry. Psychiatrist Carl Jung studied chiroJogy starting with bookby Julius Speer "The Hands of Children" then wrote: "Hands, whose shape and function are so intimately connected with the psyche, might provide revealing, and therefore interpretable expression of psychological peculiarity, that is, of human character. THE RIGHT AND LEFT HANDS: ALWAYS READ BOTH HANDS, but remember that the DOMINANT and NON-DOMlNANT hands have different meanings. The non-dominant passive hand shows the basic personality, natural aptitudes, characteristics and past and current events and inner life of the person, and their innate potential. The dominate hand shows how the basic personality has changed or is likely to develop and indicates future events as well as what we are doing with our lives at the moment. Very often the hands reveal marked differences between our innate potential and the degree to which it is being fulfilled. Hand Types THE SQUARE HAND; "Establish the Plan." Known by it's apparent squareness of the finger tips. They love order, method, stability. Common sense rules their emotions and they have a steady, systematic approach to life. They don't like confusion, and often have difficulty adapting to new circumstances, especially when the hand and / or thumb is rigid. They are often thorough, competent and very careful with money. Often lacking in spontaneity, prefers rules, method and structure. They make excellent engineers, doctors and bureaucrats, with ability to persevere, and cope with difficult situations, as long as they are stable and predictable in nature. THE SPATULATE HAND~ "Action." Broad and strong, with slightly knotted fingers. The outstanding visual quality is a marked' fanning out' of the fingertips in the form of a spatula. They are energetic, tenacious, innovative, and self-confident, practical and grounded in day-to-day reality. They tend to be creative and impulsive, extroverted, dynamic and exciting, with the uncanny ability to take advantage of a situation and use it to practical advantage. They favour activities on the material plane egocommerce, banking, construction and entrepreneurial. If the hand is flexible and pliable increases an interest in sensual pleasures at the expense of work and other responsibilities. THE CONIC HAND: "Lover of Beauty" Conic of artists hands are or the receptive category. They tend to be 5\ightly tapered at the base of the palm and at the tips of the fingers. The skin texture is usually fine, denoting sensitive and a love of beauty. People with conic hands are governed by impulse and first impressions. Square hands are ruled by reason. conic hands are sentimental, intuitive, impulsive, capricious and romantic. Inconsistency is said to be a major problem with them, they often begin a project with great enthusiasm and then leave it for someone else to complete, especially if their hands are flexible. Although they tend to support the efforts of others, they shift loyalties often and have difficulty with commitment. Creativity is high, if the hand is firm and the lines well formed, creative energies are channelled to mostly intellectual pursuits. When the hand is bland and fat, there is a strong sensuous nature, rich foods, money, abundant sex, and comfortable surroundings are counted among their primary needs. THE PSYCHIC HAND: "Painfully Idealistic" The psychic or intuitive hand is relatively rare, but quite distinctive. The hand is beautifully formed. and features long graceful fingers with pointed tips. Like people with conic hands, their owners are very sensitive and have a strong interest in beauty. There is also a tendency to be highly strung and impressionable. They are motivated by their deepest feelings, and highly creative and possess a strong imagination. Common sense is not one of their primary attributes, and they often have trouble dealing with the ordinary day to day side of life. Being 'grounded' in the material world is an important need for people with psychic hands. While they need to deepen their love of beauty and their innate interest in spiritual matters, they also need how to function in the daily world. For that reason, strong and steady friends are needed to help them deal with life's practical matters. THE MIXED HAND Very few hands actually conform to any of the previous hand types in their pure form, although one type may predominate over the others. For this reason we have" the mixed hand" which can provide an important frame of reference for an accurate hand analysis. By definition, the mixed hand contains aspects found in two or more of the previous hand types. The hand may be primarily square, yet one or two fingers can be spatulate in shape. The basic shape of a hand may be conic, yet it may also contain elements found in the more practical square hand. The basic shape of the hand should serve as the foundation of a careful hand analysis. The fingers, mounts and lines, as well as modifiers like hand consistency and size, skin texture, and flexibility can often provide more specific infonnation regarding character analysis and individual life expression. For these reasons we need to take all factors into account when we study a hand, and evaluate the relationships between the various aspects of the hand. While this may appear bewildering at first, you can accomplish this by cultivating intuition and patience. After practice you can achieve basic idea of the hand after a few minutes of careful observation. The palm can be divided into three areas, which correspond with the three main aspects of being. This division has been known as the 'Three Worlds' of the hand since ancient times. The longest section discloses a great deal about the fundamental personality and likely responses to life. The three sections of the fingers are also very revealing. The upper area of the palm, which includes the fingers and the area where they join the palm, is linked to the mind, spirit and one's ideals and aspirations. When it is longest, intellectual and spiritual interests wilt be the major motivating forces in life. The middle area of the hand starts where the fingers join the palm and ends at the lower sections of the mounts of Mars, connected with the practical, 'here-and-now' world, it reveals an ability to be effective in practical ways. The lowest section of the palm begins below the mounts of Mars and run to the bottom of the hand, and is associated with our basic desires and urges. If this area is the longest, our instincts will tend to be our main motivating factors, and physical energies are usually in good supply. To determine the hardness or softness under pressure, to determine both the energy level and how it is expressed in daily life. Identify flabby hand when the flesh easily crushers together when you squeeze gently. It shows low physical energy, who has difficulty putting both feelings and concrete plans in the material world. It is often indicates an idle, sensitive dreamer who dislikes both physical and emotional exertion. When the hands are flabby and thick, the over-indulgent aspect of the personality are more pronounced egoOver-indulgence in food, sex, drugs and alcohol is common, that is unless the thumb is strong, willpower is often absent. When the hands are thin and weak, energy level of the person is extremely low. People with such hands find it extremely difficult to sustain any long-term activity. SOFT HANDS: Show a lack of bony feeling under pressure. Although they may have a deficient energy level, but have more potential for movement than there flabby-handed counterparts. When the hands are soft, and thick, earlier comments regarding over-indulgence are applicable. ELASTIC HANDS; Cannot be easily crushed by your grasp, and tend to spring back under pressure. They show vitality, adaptability and movement. Especially with strong fingers, mounts and lines, they are found on people who like to invent and create. They have an ability to respond easily to new ideas and adapt to unexpected circumstances. FIRM HANDS; Are slightly elastic, and yield to moderate pressure. They reveal an energetic, active and strong individual, who is both responsible and stable. While not as able to adapt to new ideas and unexpected circumstances as those with elastic hands, people with firm hands are able to take account of what is and adapt accordingly, they just take a longer time to adjust. HARD HANDS; Show no sign of yielding under pressure. Mostly found on men, these hands show no elasticity and are often course in texture. As can be imagined, people with hard hands also lack mental flexibility and tend to be very set in their ways. They often 'hold in' their energy, which can result in sudden outbursts of temper and stress-related diseases. .. ELEXIBILUY Hand flexibility can be determined by the ease with which it bends backward. A VERY FLEXIBLEHAND; Can bend back to nearly a ninety-degree angle with a minimum of pressure. These people are rughly impressionable, easily ordered about by others, and who have difficulty being committed to one activity at a time. They usually spend money faster than they earn it, and can be very unpredictable with both feelings and actions. Ifthe thumb bends back easily as well, the person is generous to the extreme, and can be easily taken advantage of by others. A MaDERA TELY FLEXIBLEHAND; Bends back in a graceful arc. These people can easily adapt to new and unforeseen circumstances. The mind is versatile, intuitive and impressionable. Although it is easy to feel, think and act, there is a tendency ofbecomilig involved in too many activities at the same time without being committed to one or two. A FIRM HAND; Hardly bends back at all under pressure. These people reveal an abundance of vital force, with a tendency to be careful with feelings, which are often kept hidden from view. While they are open to new ideas, they are rarely impulsive and adapt to new circumstances and unfamiliar surroundings with difficulty, being slow to make changers. A STIFFHAND; Is extremely rigid, and may actually turn inward in its natural state. This hand reveals a person who is extremely cautious, highly responsible and dedicated to hard work, stiff hands betray a rigid character structure. They are stubborn, set in their ways, and have difficulty responding to new ideas and unexpected situations. They are often secretive, and have difficulty sharing their problems and feelings with others. This must be detennined in the context ofthe person's overall size, including height, weight and bone structure. SMALL HANDS~ This reveals a person who views life on a grand scale, with a basic aversion to detail and anything insubstantial or trivial ( unless the fingers are knotted ). People with small hands tend to perceive the totality of what interests them. LARGE HANDS~ They seem to gravitate towards small things. Large hands are often found on watchmakers, mathematicians, surgeons and others who are drawn to detailed work. While a women with small hands would admire a large building in its entirety, her large-handed fiiend would probably focus their attention on the brass plaque by the main entrance. Aspects of skin texture also correspond with their emotional counterpart. The softer and finer the skin, the greater the degree if physical and emotional sensitivity. Coarse skin texture reveals a more 'rough and tumble' individual, who is not strongly influenced by his or her emotional or physical surroundings.

  Helen Mar 2, 2006 8:56 PM

12

Whoooooooooooooooooooops, that's not right, I was trying to insert a picture, not that I have any idea how to - clearly. I forgot to copy first and the last thing copied on the computer was Will the Wizard's Palmistry book that Kristy is editting for him, so I supose what I did was plagiarism - so don't read it! - My stuff is gone, oh well wasn't very interesting any way, enjoy.

  Helen Mar 2, 2006 9:01 PM

13

If Will hasn't released this yet I could steal it and do it first. What would Will do then?

  Ebony Mar 3, 2006 1:49 AM

14

Crikey. I was wondering why Helen put all that stuff on your journal, Susan. However, it is quite interesting. I might take a copy. Love, Mum.

  Mum Mar 3, 2006 12:27 PM

15

no mum, you really shouldn't take a copy

  H Mar 3, 2006 4:04 PM

16

Four and a half years for copyright infringement Helen. Bet you've got the shifty hands type. And Patt- Peas. Fees. Knees. Manganese. Bees. Fleas. Sophocles. Sudanese. Keys. Sieze. Jeez. Monkeys. Squeeze. Oh, I know- Tease.

  Simon James Mar 3, 2006 7:44 PM

17

(Sigh) PLEASE tell me how to put pictures up. I've got fun to be had.
I give my students a hard time about being rude and not saying please. I never realised that it would apply to ME.

  Simon James Mar 3, 2006 7:46 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.