Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Christmas

CANADA | Wednesday, 21 December 2005 | Views [827] | Comments [7]

Greetings all!

Hope you are well. Sorry to be confusing. Work isn't actually anywhere yet. I was just preempting that I'll probably have to wake up early. I have applied for a few jobs. One is something to do with Adult education, one is a careers cousellor, One is an OHS inspector, one is a receptionist for an optician and there a couple doing inventory counting (STOCKTAKE FOREVER). I'll probaly go around the shopping centre with my resume too. I'd do that after I get a car. I'll not be a grave digger. It is too cold and the ground is frozen.

Today I have sent CHristmas presents to people. Look out for them in June. I have sent them in several different packages. I will ontact you if you are getting one. What is happening in AUS! I hear there a riots with Lebonese people in Sydney. That makes me angry.

Living with Margaret and Joe is quite good. Margaret is a great cook. She makes mashed potato that I LOVE. Someone should pass the recipe on to dad.

Today we went to a store called costco. You have to have a membership to the store to shop there and that cost between $45-$100 a year. It is kind of like wholesale. It sells everything. Food, clothes, homewares, electronics. EVERYTHING. It gave me a good idea for a business to start in Aus.

Sometimes I say things here and have to explain a couple times before people can understand. Oh well. I got my free tim hortons coffe in the tim hortons cup Jane Ann gave me. It was 1 year + after she got the coupon.

Bye.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hi, Suse. I think counselling would suit you, but you'd have to learn a lot about local resources. PLEASE ask Margaret to give you her recipe for mashed potato, so you can pass it on. The rioting in Sydney seems to have been confined to the beaches around Cronulla, where locals have long been angry about what they see as Lebanese gangs of young men going to the beach and abusing women. This culminated in a couple of lifesavers being attacked by Lebanese men, and the riots started. The areas around the beaches have been heavily patrolled in the past few days, leading to loss of custom for local shop owners, who have complained, but will not get any compensation. There have been calls (SMS messages) for similar riots to be held on other beaches, including Perth's, but nothing has come of this (probably because the problem is specific to a local area). It's a pity you will need a car before you can start a job - such an expense! I would be homesick too if I were far away from the nearest gum tree. But try to keep happy. You are doing so well. Going to different places gives you so many more perspectives on life, as well as being a great adventure. Bye for now. LoveXXX

  Mum Dec 21, 2005 12:08 PM

2

Wow Soo! Your life sound EXCITING! Due to having no internet at home I can only check the internet once a week (if that), so i read ALL your msgs at once...its like reading an adventure story...9 days to go until I am leaving SupaValu! kinda sad but also kinda GREAT! Mr Dean has been extremely friendly this Christmas, he has given me a Christmas Ham for a Christmas present valued at around $50!!! Very generous you think? Well he dosn't know that I know where these hams came from...and that is that the 2 cartons of these delicious christmas hams came on our order last week (by accident) they were meant to be delivered to Dewsons in landsdale, but we got them by accident, meaning we never paid a cent for them...meaning in a round about way they are stolen! How generous...Still its the thought that counts I suppose. Glad your having a good time hope you find a good job! Oh and I have some exciting news! I officially passed all my units so i have officially graduated!! Goodbye UWA!

  Brenton Dec 21, 2005 3:15 PM

3

Daniel says hi. See mum, I AM passing on his messages. Daniel is making a cassette tape of original songs (mostly christmas songs) that we will send you. I even wrote one of the songs, it is by far the best.

  Ebony Dec 21, 2005 8:25 PM

4

They are not so much christmas songs as they are anthems of torture and hate with the word christmas scattered through them. It doesnt matter cos you cant really make out the lyrics anyway. Having said that they are fantastic and I laughed and laughed. Miss you, love Helen

  Helen Dec 22, 2005 8:15 PM

5

I am the freakin' C'mas present MASTER. I went into Perth on Monday, and knocked it all off before the afternoon. Bow down to me people! Having said that, Su, you might not get your present till June, so we can open them at the same time. It spreads C'mas cheer out a little longer. AND NOW IT'S THE TIME YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR: Simon's Top Ten Things Susan Say's And Have To Explain A Couple Times Before People Can Understand. 1.Ya got a goat up the guilliver, guv'nor? 2.Bricken bracken 3.Scurvy sea dogs on the port side. Wash the potatatas! 4.Howzagoinmaaaate 5.Pop the boot 6.I'm gonna open a can of whoopass 7.Stone the flamin' crows 8.I've had a bellyful of your bellyachin' 9.Who's in the house, ya dawgs? 10.I got my free tim hortons coffe in the tim hortons cup Jane Ann gave me. It was 1 year + after she got the coupon.

  Simon James Dec 22, 2005 11:35 PM

6

nice to hear dude

  עיצוב אירועים Jul 30, 2006 11:29 PM

7

nice...

  עיצוב אירועים Feb 19, 2007 3:26 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.