Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

You got the Wight Stuff

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 21 October 2006 | Views [866] | Comments [5]

Hello Everyone,

I must apologise for the delay in putting up my new entry. I can only say I was waiting until I had some interesting things to write. Unfortunately, stories about kids gets boring time after time. Also, I have been quite busy…

It is now half-term break. I have one week off and am going to Germany on Monday. I am very excited. I will take a lot of photos and put them up.

I also must apologise to the people I sent my phone number to. I got it wrong but have rectified it. If there is anyone who wishes to be sent my number, please ask and I will send it to you. On the Island many people miss out the word ‘to’ when they are speaking. So, instead of saying ‘I will send it to you’ they say ‘I will send it you’ OR instead of ‘Give it to me’ they say ‘Give it me’. You should all try out this peculiarity at home. See how it goes over.

The other week I went to Canadian thanksgiving with 5 of the Canadian teachers on the island. It was very fun. We ate the traditional turkey and pumpkin pie and expressed our thanks.

All of the others were ringing home and talking to their loved ones. It was really nice. The guy that cooked for everyone is a vegan. He cooked us all a massive turkey and didn’t eat any of it… it was awesome.

At school there is a teacher from Wisconsin who has come here with her husband and two 12 year old daughters. Jon-Paul has come here on his own from Windsor. One of them is American, one is Candian. They were in the class one day explaining the respective locations of there homes when on kids asks Jon-Paul “Is she your mum?” To which he instantly replies “Yeah!” They have managed to convince all of the students in the school that they are mother and son. He walks down the halls and calls out ‘Hey mum!” It is awesome. Also, the rumour has spread from our school to the middle school that the two daughters of the American teacher. They were asked if they have a brother that teaches at Ryde. They said ‘Well… He is our half-brother”. That is awesome.

On the weekend after school goes back I am going to Dublin for the weekend with the Canadian teachers. Should be fun. Ok. Hope everyone is well.

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

Comments

1

OK. Glad to hear from you in writing again Sue. Here is some important news.
I was looking for images of Transformers on the Internet- WHAT?
when I came across the website of the cartoon Transformers movie, from 1986. The movie is set in 2005, so it has already happened, hope it didn't upset your plans too much.
However, the most interesting thing about this story (OH, IT IS SOOOO INTERESTING) is the people they got to do voices. Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Scatman Crothers, Leonard Nimoy, Robert Stack AND ORSON WELLES! The man who created 'Citizen Kane' was the voice of a big bad Transformer! AND, he died three weeks after doing the voice, so his last role EVER was as the voice of Unicron, a colossal robot that transforms into a PLANET, and devours everything in it's path. So, there you go.

  Simon J Oct 22, 2006 12:45 PM

2

Say hi to your Sue for me.

  Rove McManus Oct 24, 2006 9:20 PM

3

I was at work today, and I said to myself, "Mark" I said. "Mark, these days just ain't like they used to be". "What changed?" I asked in order to prompt further discussion with myself.

I sat and pondered.Then I stood up and got some water, because that always helps me think.
I drank the water, smacked my lips and sighed. Still unsure.

Then, it hit me like the proverbial brick.It is the total lack of Sue in my life. This is why I am sad.
Sue and I. We used to fight about the important issues. Welfare cheats, weather men who wear skivvys, the system supporting all them good for nuthin' lay-abouts. And the Bell Tower. And I miss her...

Hi Sue.

I am amazed to read what I've read. Sounds like your life is more exciting than that of anyone else I know. I've read quite far back and I especially liked the part about the boat trip with Richard Branson, the site seeing tour in New York with Rick Dees, the surf lessons with Ashton and Demi and the kids. (It was really nice of Bruce to look after all of your shoes and socks, is it weird with him and Ashton?)

I have done lots of stuff since you left, none of it quite worthy of even a boring journal.

I am in Real Estate now! That excites me.
I'll keep posting, in order to keep you posted.

Always remember to remember.

Mark Grogan

  The Real Slim Shady is another Barry Humphries Caracter. 8 Mile is in Mooney Ponds. Oct 24, 2006 9:59 PM

4

Melancholy Mouse is Coming!
-Winter 2007-
Isle Of Wight, Beware......

  Melancholy Mouse Oct 25, 2006 1:51 AM

5

Hello Susan journal.

I saw 'Babe' for the first time ever today, It made me cry. Halloween was super awesome. Helen made the house super scary. There was a Graveyard (assembled by Ebony) and the bathroom was decroated with blood (by Ebony) and there was a severed head on a spike at the front (made by Ebony). One might beg the question whether Helen did anything at all... or not because Helen will hit them. I kid because I love. See you soon sue.

  Ebony Oct 30, 2006 7:15 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.