Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Time keeps on slippin in to the future

USA | Saturday, 26 November 2005 | Views [913] | Comments [3]

Hello! Ihave made it safely to LA, I got through customs without them sending me back AND I made it to the hostel without getting lost! I am justifiably extremely proud of myself.

The plane rides were a bit funny. They went up and down.I didn't get sick but I also got no sleep so now I am tired. On the way to Brisbane they made us watch 'Must Love Dogs' which is the WORST film of all time. I got to Brisbane and caught the free train to the international terminal. I had a 6 hour wait! Luckily I found a pair of glasses in the bathroom. I killed half an hour while I tried to find a place to hand them in too.

The plane to LA was more comfortable but it was a much longer trip. Because of the change in timezones we arrived in LA before we left Brisbane. Halfway through I had a mini breakdown and decided I wouldn't even leave the airport and instead would come home. After 1/2 an hour of this I settled again and was nervous but not panicy.

As we descended on LA you could see the tick smog that lies on top of the city. It was a bit worrying. LA is dirtier than I'd thought it would be. The roads are cracked and potholed EVERYWHERE and all of the signage and painting on the shops is old. I went to the "Ripleys Believe it or Not' museam today and went to the footprints and where they have the Oscars. I don't think I'd live to lve here.

I took a picture of David Bowies Star thing for Ebony. It is the only picture I took all day. There are lots of homeless people here to. They ask you for money. I felt bad saying no. A lady came up to me and said I had a nice aura and that she'd like to do a psychic reading for me. She wanted $40US. I said no but I saw her around all day hassling the other tourists.

Bye for now. Email me if you like. :-)

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

Thankyou Susan, that is cool. I knew you wouldnt be that impressed with LA. What movie was on the plane from Brisbane? Have you seen anyone famous yet. Was Ripleys Believe it or Not museum good? There are reminders of your existence all around the house and its making dad sad. What are you planning for... tomorrow?... im not sure how time works over there.

  Ebony Nov 26, 2005 12:03 PM

2

Hi I am glad you got there safely and that your breakdown was just a mini one. Yeah LA sounds sad, I thought it would be more colourful, was ripley's good, you didn't say much about it. Is it cold? Not only is dad sad about all the things that remind him of you, I still have your empty alovera juice bottle on the floor of my car, not ready to throw it out just yet. Have fun - Love Helen

  Helen Nov 26, 2005 8:39 PM

3

HOORAY! Susie is alive and well! No matter what happens, keep having fun. NOW, here's my top ten list of the worst movies of all time. (Of the movies I have seen- so therefore Crocodile Dundee III is ineligible...) Batman and Robin Spirit, Horse of the Cimarillion (whatever) The Fast and the Furious Planet of the Apes (2001) Big Daddy Daredevil Xanadu Men in Black II Godzilla anything with Martin Lawrence Have fun Sue, and keep writing.

  Simon James Nov 27, 2005 7:31 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.