Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Come on baby light my fire!

CANADA | Thursday, 22 June 2006 | Views [1144] | Comments [4]

Howdly doodly doo!

This is a greeting stolen from Red Dwarf. The very irritating talking toaster says it. I have been watching seasons IV and VII this week. My life is so exciting you must hardly be able to withstand your jealousy towards my glamorous lifestyle. This is my 61st entry. The picture is from the play I costumed.

Before I say anything else I would like to encourage those reading who haven’t done so already to check out the journal entry preceding this one. The comments were the finest out of any journal I have read. Well Done! I laughed and laughed over them all. Well done to both Brenton and Tim for being people who haven’t been seen for a bit but have made a triumphant return. Welcome to the Hansons. It was good to hear from you!

This week I have done a few days at the different schools. Friday I had a whole day of relief at the English school. That was fun!

Fathers day was this weekend so Jane Ann and I stayed at her parents house. I hadn’t been there since winter time. The whole place looked really different. I brought the videos that Ebony taped for me down there to watch. I was quite excited. I got the Little Britain tape to Jane Ann to put in the VCR. We pressed play and suddenly the screen went blank and we heard voices talking really, really fast. Jane Anns parents have an older VCR and it doesn’t have long-play. I was quite disappointed. I’ll watch them somehow!

On Saturday night we were sitting outside and we saw fire flies. THEY ARE AWESOME. They light up for a few seconds and then go blank and then light up again. I went walking through them. It was awesome when you walked through them. They would be dark and then suddenly light up right in front of you.

On Sunday we had a fathers day barbeque. A bit more somber than the one the Faheys had last week. They are party animals.

On Monday I went with a friend to see ‘The Lake House’. It reunites Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. I left the cinema feeling slightly unclean. Not recommended.

I watched two other movies this week that I did like. I watched ‘Howl’s Moving Castle’ and “The Squid and the Whale’. I enjoyed them both.

I am maybe going to work at the food stands for the football. That should be exciting. Two weeks until Helen comes. Yay Yay Yay Yay.

Tags: Shopping

Comments

1

It wasnt the VCR, thats how they are supposed to be. Go to the canadian equivalent of Coles, find a cheap VCR and just walk out with it. No one will care. Believe me I know!

  Ebony Jun 23, 2006 12:46 AM

2

Do I have a story for you.

Get comfortable dear ones and I will tell you a tale, a tale of lies and deceit.

Our tale begins last Thursday afternoon, it was after school and Daniel had gotten off the train at good ole' Kenwick station ready to walk home when severe laziness struck (as often happens) and he rang home to see if Dad would pick him up - he was just so exhausted after all.

As it turned out, Dad was not at home and Ebony answered the phone. Daniel jokingly asked Ebony if she would pick him up, but as Ebony had only recently gotten her 'L' plates and had never driven a car before... in her life... ever... she declined.

When, however, she had hung up the phone she thought to herself, "Self" she thought, "I don't really know whether or not I can drive a car, seeing that I have never tried to so."

So she got in Dad's car and turned the ignition and started to back out of the driveway. She stalled and some of her newly found confidence left her and she briefly considered pushing the car back into it's original parking space so no one would ever know what she had been planning... if only.

But, as is the human folly, the desire to do a bad thing got the better of her, she started the car again and drove off down the road.

When she picked up Daniel he commented that she had driven all the way with the hand brake on. She became slightly flustered and Daniel everso kindly offered "Do you want me to drive home?"

So... Daniel drove the both of them all the way home safely... thank goodness for that. (Daniel is 14 years old for those of you reading this enchanting story who have had the fortunate good luck never to have met him).

There they were, safely home, no harm done, they had gotten away with a sneaky, well let's face it, CRIME... or had they? the answer is... nope.

You see, the nosey stickybeaks of Stafford Road have nothing better to do with their time than to stare mindlessly out of their windows waiting for something mildly interesting to happen... and this was their lucky day.

People from the street dobbed Ebony into Dad and he knew about the incident not a day after it went down.
What they haddn't seen however was Daniel driving the car back home again, so this part of the tale was being closely guarded by Ebony, that was until Dad confronted Daniel and Daniel sang like a canary.

Daniel's defence was that Ebony had been stupid enough to drive all the way with the hand brake on so he simply had to drive home, there was no other option, and Ebony in her defence she said she didn't even know that there was a hand brake.

The clear moral of this tale is that if you want to get way with anything you have to blind all the people that might dob you in first.

Mum and Dad are not nearly as angry as you would imagine. Dad did a little ranting but was mainly concerned with the fact the hand brake had been left on and Mum hardly seems to have registered that anything even happened at all.

Sue, we did such a stirling job of softening up Mum and Dad for the youngins that I feel that we deserve some kind of reward... a big expensive one.

Daniel could probably literally get away with murder, let's hope he doesn't try.

I am oh so glad that for a time I am leaving this place of corruption and lies to come to the truth and law loving land of Canada.

  H Jun 24, 2006 8:35 PM

3

Are the Fahey's looking to adopt? I am volunteering.

  Ezra Jun 24, 2006 10:42 PM

4

How long is a piece of string? Way too long! Sorry I haven't written in a while, I've been on jury duty. I can assure you, it is much worse than a Pauly Shore movie! All you do is sit & get bored out of your brain & want to slap the increasingly annoying lawyers who are doing all the talking (actually, it's exactly like a Pauly Shore movie). I've been there for 7 days now & it doesn't seem to end. Another juror commented today that the fun is starting to go out of it; I used all the fun up on the 1st day! If anyone wants to buy "free Mel" t-shirts, they are just $5, from all good “fell off the back of a truck” peddlers.

  Meli Jun 28, 2006 12:46 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.