Existing Member?

The Great Spiral

The mall of Sofia, an oasis in Eastern Europe

BULGARIA | Monday, 14 July 2008 | Views [697]

Well, not quite an Oasis, but they did have clean bathrooms.  We arrived early and arranged our night train out of the city.  This will be our 3rd night train in a row now in which we have not been able to shower.  We still have one more night train to go.  The feeling is lovely let me tell you.  Its going to be good to arrive in Greece.  After arranging our night train, we left for the city center, not sure what we would find after Bucarest.  After trying to find out how to buy our bus tickets we read in "let's go," our guide to Europe that we could pay the bus driver... he wouldnt accept the money, so we got a free ride.  I'm worried I might get another fine like in Budapest!  Lol! I dont fell as bad, for we tried to pay.  Anyway, we ran into a mall nce we got off of the bus.  That mall was slightly air conditioned, they had a lot of cool stores that we would have gone in, but we were so disgusting that we didn't even window shop!  We looked around and then headed for the city center, where we found a small statue, a mosque a chruch and a synagoge.  Not much happening there, we enjoyed the day though and walked around for a bit.  But once again we found ourselves with about 5 hours to kill.  So we went back to the mall and watched, The chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian.  Katie fell asleep, I enjoyed it.  Afterwards we drank some coffee and headed back to the station and sat and chated for about an hour before we boarded our train and pulled from the station on our way to Greece... Very excited about the thought of a shower!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Bulgaria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.