Existing Member?

The Great Spiral

France, its getting better

FRANCE | Friday, 20 June 2008 | Views [938] | Comments [3]

So my first and second impressions of France wasnt the best, Luckily, Katies friend Grant (who is living in Paris right now) had an adaquate knowledge of the city and was able to change my thoughts. We saw some relevant monuments such as the Eifel Tower, The Arch du Triumph, The Sein River, The Catacombs (Saylor Osborne, you on here?) and of course Grants Apartment, the most relevant of them all. I swear this guys apartment was the smallest apartment in Paris. 130 steps straight up a winding staircase, it took two minutes of high stepping to reach the 8th floor. By the time you got to the top you didnt want to do anything else, except to take a nap or shower. The bathroom, kitchen, eating room, office, guest room, bedroom, and living room, were all in ONE 12 square meter living space! I had to sleep diagonally to fit! However it was totally cool that he opened his doors for us and shared his wood floor. (Thanks Grant!) The biggest plus of his apartment though was not a free place to crash, but the view we had of the Eifel Tower. At night time while recording my thoughts sitting by the window, it really is a sight to see. I have a new favorite meal too, Kebabs... Ill take a picture of the next one I eat!

 

Comments

1

Hey Dev,
My first and second impressions of France were not that great either, but like you, it got better. I am so proud of you for doing this! Way to go! Love, Sarah

  Sarah Ashley Jun 24, 2008 7:38 AM

2

I hope the bathroom at least was a little more private. How awesome that he opened his home up though, and even better that it had a view. I hope you got a pic of the Eifel Tower from his window. I'm interested in your new favorite food. Try to pick up some recipes so we can try these new foods, I think I'll pass on Katie's ox tail though! Love you

  sharon Jun 24, 2008 9:24 AM

3

thats so cool i bet the eifel tower was a great view

  Bobby Jun 24, 2008 10:43 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.