Existing Member?

The Great Spiral

2 more day s in Spain.

SPAIN | Tuesday, 17 June 2008 | Views [811] | Comments [2]

Blake and I (the bull) in Pamplona Spain, where they do the running of the bulls.

Blake and I (the bull) in Pamplona Spain, where they do the running of the bulls.

We´ve seen some many cool places over the past few days, one of my favorite is La Catedral de la Sagradad Familia which we saw today in Barcelona.  An amazing sight.  I´ll try to upload pictures but the computers in teh internet cafe here are very slow.  An immense building built by Antonio Gaudi.  They started in 1882 and are still not finished.  It is supposed to be a cathedral for the caothlic church but seeing as it won´t be done for another 20 years and 100´s of people visit it daily, I think it just serves as a tourist attraction for now. 

Lets see we also visited Francisco Franco´s grave in the Valle de los Caidos, (basically a memorial to those who died in the civil war.)  We saw the roman aquaducts in Segovia, another incredible sight.  Actually this aquaduct was built with stoen alone, no mortar.  Between some of these rocks you can´t fit a piece of paper.  A really immense structure.

A few days ago, we went to France.  We visited two cities, Pau and Lourdes.  Pau was alright, I learned some dance moves from some kids breakdancing in the streets (oh yeah,) and we ate some crepes at a ¨creperie,¨ (we had NO clue what we were ordering, that was real fun... seriously, like a surprise.) However, we didn´t care for Lourdes.  It was a church that had commercialized a potential happening of miracles... yaddy yaddy.  The Virgin Mary supposudely (sp) appeared to a young girl 150 years ago and now the spring close to the sight has healing powers.  So, anyway, you can fill up bottles with this spring water (and drink it if you care to.  Or slurp it, right Blake? :)  )  This has been a fun trip, we´ve had fun with the students. 

We also saw the Guggebheim museum.  That was a sight as well, most museums I can somewhat appreciate the art but here it was amazing.  Very impressive... ask me about it in person, I can´t explain it through typed words.

So, I´d like to point out a new folders of pictures on this page dedicated to the Hackey Sack Club, yes, Chris, We´ve gone global!  I´m hacking across Europe taking pictures of me playing hacky Sack in relevant places and in front of relevant monuments.  I knew you and Saylor would be proud  :) lol!

Alright I´m going to try and load some pictures, there´s no telling what I´m putting on here because the files only have numbers to them!  So... Happy fathers day Dad, Davis and Eric.  And Mike, and Josh (if you check this) 

Devin, the cathedral observer, the 2 month vacation deserver, the European tracker, yes, oh yes, the master hacky sack hacker. lol

 

Comments

1

I apologize for the spelling errors, I´m not going to take time to edit...

  devinashley Jun 17, 2008 7:47 AM

2

That looks really cool...they finally put the BadAsh behind bars...looks like you guys are havin a blast can't wait to see more...where is the paw print?

  Bobby Jun 17, 2008 10:59 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.