Existing Member?

The Great Spiral

Berlin, Germany part II

GERMANY | Wednesday, 2 July 2008 | Views [875] | Comments [2]

My first post on Germany wasn't very extensive, I only had a few minutes and couldn't load pictures, due to no USB port.  Last night while still in germany we met this cool Argentinian guys, Nano, Esteban and Ioni.  They had some questions about the terminal that they were at, if it was correct or not.  They were asking me in Englsh and I heard them taling to each other in Spanish... so we made the conection there.  We were all like 2 hours early for our train so we shared some culture with each other, ceese, bread and grape juice! lol.  Once we were on the train we all hung out in our cabin, (a smalllll, room with six beds, 3 on side, 3 on teh other with barely enough room in teh middle to turn around...actually imposible to turn around it you have your backpack on)  I'm not sure if our room mate was too happy about it...  Nano, brought his guitar to the room, which I'm sure was annoying teh neghbors,m but we had a good time.  I could hear him coming down the car in his Argentinean accent (guitar strumming, guitar strumming, "Oops, sorry.!"  more guitar strumming, more guitar strumming, "Oops sorry!") I think it was 11.00 os so at this point.  Good times.

Nano had been in India for 5-6 months and just last month he meet up with Ioni and Esteban.  We sang songs in our car and chillaxed with our roomie (jetz, a Dutch girl, living in France who was travelling to Poland to teach in a summer school) and a neighbor, Steve, from Canada who is going to go to a Polish Med school in August and was visiting it for the first time...  We plan to meet up with Nano, Ioni and Esteban in Bratislava in a week or so.  Hopefully we can connect.

A few days ago katie and I went to see the Blue man in concert in Berlin.  It was something else, I'd seen the show on DVD while I was in Mexico, but never live.  Afterwards while i was playing hackey sack with them, one of them touched his head and got blue paint all over his hand and then touched my head.  Once I got back to the hostal I wasn't very happy, it wouldn't come off.  My head was stained blue with a giant hand print!  It was still there in the morning and even a little so after my shower.  It was a prblem I had to deal with for the hackey sack club!  lol. 

We also saw many sections of the Berlin Wall, we saw some museums, like Checkpoint Charlie, where we actually were able to get 10 stamps in our passports... 10 official stamps from the 60's to the 80's.  It was odd that we were able to do so... but the guy was official Berlin M.P.  Not just some dude from the street wanting to mark in our passports.  We ate twice at this Kabob place that was a few blocks from our Hostal.  3,50 for a kabob and drink.  I dont drink pop... well I didn't until I came here, I've wanted to drink pop, more than anytime in my life, it always sounds soo good.  I've been breaking down lately...  I guess I could use the calories.  I know Im loosing weight, probably 10 pounds by now, I'm looking thinner.  Hopefully I can balance it out somehow.

Well, I need to catch up on my other entries in Scandinavia.  aufweidesehen!

 

Comments

1

Dev...haven't been on in a week and a half. Looks like you've had lots of opportunities to post. I'm on my way to check out Katie's blog. Thanks for the email! Glad you guys are having a good time...Gracie keeps asking, "Where's is Uncle Devin?" I told her you were still in Europe and she asked if she could call you. I told her you didn't have a phone and she shook her head and said, "we'll buy him one maybe..." We love you guys!
:)meg

  Meg Jul 4, 2008 6:38 AM

2

Hey Dev,
What do you mean you are breaking down? ...as in my body is falling apart or as in my brain is gone? Are your 2 outfits you took, still fitting you? Hmmmm, better be eating more, you're burning a lot of calories. I'm sitting here with Aunt Di, she says hi.
Love you

  Sharon Jul 4, 2008 9:40 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.