Existing Member?

DavidFordJournal

Goan, Goan, Gone

INDIA | Saturday, 30 April 2016 | Views [666] | Comments [1]

Well, that's it I'm afraid. I am typing this from Sukhavati Community in Bethnal Green, London, which means that, sadly in a way, I am now home.

There's plenty for me to update and photographs to add but for now only a few tappings from London.

I had a good journey home from Bombay, a speeding cab ride in the middle of the night, a long, long wait to get through passport control at the airport, a dither about whether to buy sunglasses (declined option) and a flight encompassing a snooze and 1.9 Bollywood films. A brief moment of terror when I was convinced the guy opposite me was a terrorist (what's he got out of his bag, why is he wearing a thick overcoat, why is he talking to that guy, where has he gone now?) but finally a landing in London and the welcome sight of my Dad greeting me at the airport.

A huge thanks to my Dad for all his support and love on this trip and to him and the family for keeping his ill health, only 4 days after my departure, from me. I love you all.

The weekend was full, meeting up with my friends Mike and Gill for a great breakfast near Marylebone station, in crisp, clean, clear beautiful Spring London, lunch with my Dad and siblings and then, on Sunday, watching my sister, Trudi, running the London Marathon for Children with Cancer. She's such a great person (subjective of course but it has to be objectively true).

Now I'm back in the community getting used to what used to be so familiar: the sound of the dinner bell, the smells of a Buddhist kitchen, cleaning and community nights. I'm not sure how long I will stay but I am very grateful to be back and to be with my excellent friends.

Right, enought of that. I will post some pictures of Bombay/Mumbai and write about some of my experiences there. I'm pleased I went as on the whole I loved it. I had actually spent a few months there before (albeit in Mum's womb) and it felt very familiar. Colonial grandeur not in the same decay as Calcutta.

Thanks for reading the blog. I can't tell who has been but have been able to see how many 'hits' I've had. This has felt very supportive, so the thanks is heartfelt.

Much love,

Davidxx

Tags: city, coming home

Comments

1

Great to see you over breakfast in Marylebone (without the expected flip flops and cloth bag)! You looked relaxed and healthy, radiated warmth and positive vibes. Hope to see you again soon. Michael

  Michael May 4, 2016 5:58 AM

About davidford


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.