Existing Member?

DavidFordJournal

Goan for broke

INDIA | Thursday, 7 April 2016 | Views [670] | Comments [1]

Well the title is a bit misleading but I like it. 

I remain in Goa in my shack, by the sand, by the sea and the season unfurls around us. Last night it felt like we were the last people at a party, a situation I generally relish.

I'll remain here a little longer, enjoying early morning strolls and now swims before breakfast and long days on the beach.

This would be entirely relaxing without the predominantly female sellers of wares, saris, trinkets etc, from Karnatika who prowl the sands, appearing over the dunes like mirror and metal decked camels and relentlessly badgering for business, if not today then 'tomorrow'. Maybe is a terrrible answer, no a one that needs constant repetition. 

At times I have been moved to despair, others to anger, almost always my heart sinks and some days I have avoided the beach and 'my friends'. 

Still, this is of course India, nothing is entirely as I would like it even the potentially idyllic Goa, and it's a good training for patience and the realities of life. I'm not the best student, neither the worst I assume.

Short and sweet today. I'm enjoying some cheap and good ayurvedic massages, the beautiful mornings and evenings and swimming in the sea. I feel fitter and stronger and hope this continues. This morning I went for a longish and vigorous swim and enjoyed that. No sightings of dolphins yet alas! Plenty of 'desert camels' of course and no doubt this will continue..

Much love to all,

Davidxx

Tags: beach, peddlers from karnatika

Comments

1

Hi David. Enjoy the tranquility of your last few days in Goa. Hopefully it will remain sunny here for your return. Hope to see you over breakfast on Saturday. Take care. Michael

  Michael Inglis Apr 20, 2016 5:58 AM

About davidford


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.