Existing Member?

7 months of Bulldust

Ethan –Perth, Monkey Mia and Ningaloo Reef

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 8 June 2010 | Views [595]

 

Hiya everyone, how ya goin?

 

We arrived at a caravan park at Perth, I kept on getting nibbled  at by a large duck that was very interested in us when we were cooking and eating dinner at the camp kitchen.  The caravan park was on a lake and had lots of ducks.

 

We went into Perth city by bus and train, and we saw an olde English style arcade, then we went to Kings Park by bus and had a look at the war memorial and the eternal flame.  There was a statue of Queen Victoria, and the botanical gardens had all the plants of WA in their sections(there were loads of bees).  We had lunch at the café and I had a chicken burger, Dad had a beef burger and mum had a salad sandwich.

 

While  in Perth we all bought snorkelling gear for when we reach the Ningaloo Reef, and a new toiletry bag for me, and I saw some really cool street performers dancing.

 

After Perth we went to Shark Bay and Monkey Mia, this whole area is a World Heritage area.  We saw some wild dolphins that come in to be fed and interact with the rangers.  We saw a really interesting and informing documentary all about dolphins,  and their was a display of bones from some of the marine mammals like a whale jaw bone.  We saw stromatalites that are grown by cynobacteria and which release oxygen into the atmosphere.  You could see the bubbles of air coming out of them.  Although they used to cover the earth 200 billion years ago, now live stromatalites are only found in Hamelin Pool and in the Bahama’s.

 

Now we are at Ningaloo Reef.  We stayed at a squishy caravan park with stinky toilets for one night – and had dinner out at the Hotel – it was yummy.  Then we packed up and have set up a camp on a sheep station that has 50kilometers of its Western Boundry on the Ningaloo reef coastline.  I have been going snorkeling with my dad, and have seen lots of really beautiful fish with every imaginable color, and clams that have been more than 60cms wide, I have seen loads of coral, and coloured starfish.  Most exciting – right near where we are camped we saw a legless sea lizard which bounced along the sea bed whilst we watched it.  I have been reading Goosebumps stories and playing lots of cards with mum and dad.   Where we are camped there is noone else around us, and we are visited by lots of different animals and birds eg: kangaroos, a perentie lizard (the largest lizard in Australia), sheep, emu’s , dingo, a feral cat.  We also last night saw a UFO.  We worked out it wasn’t a plane or a weather balloon or a helicopter – so it is an unidentifiable flying object, which glowed in the sky for ages before it moved away out toward the horizon. Yesterday I caught my first fish - it was a huge North west snapper and we ate it for tea, it was really nice.

I hope you are all having fun, thank for your comments Mrs Harris and everyone.  I hope you guys can keep up with our blogs even though mum is laying them down quick sticks.  I am looking forward to seeing you all when I get back, and guess what, a bit further along in our trip I am going to go onto an airforce base.

 

See you guys

Hope to contact you again soon

Ethan

About callwill

Heading off

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.