Existing Member?

7 months of Bulldust

“The death of comic genius”

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 29 April 2010 | Views [305]

I forgot to mention this story previously, but before you get to Port Lincoln, you pass through the city of Whyalla.  Now for those of you who know Whyalla – you would be aware that there is a large iron-ore smelter on the outskirts of town.

 

It is highlighted by a large sign appropriately bearing the words “Whyalla Smelter”.

 

Now to illustrate the affects of 9 consecutive hours on the road, I need  to share with you what resulted after reading the afore mentioned sign.  A joke was created as follows:-

 

Q  Whyalla Smelter   (Why’d Ella Smelt her??)

 

A  Because she stank.

 

Now,   for some of you reading this – the above joke will be met with groans of ‘dad joke’ pain……. For others, it will be met with staring fixedly, head shaking and mutterings of “that’s not funny at all”.

 

BUT, at the time Ethan and I found it hilarious!  Tears down the face funny; side splitting funny; wet yourself and grab your own sides from pain caused by too much laughing funny……..  nay, it ventured as far as the silent shoulder shaking and wheezing funny!!

 

After 10 or so minutes of repeating the said joke to more gaffawks, Steve put his foot down and forbade further laughter or else suffer a consequence worse than death………… no Tim Tam after dinner.  Ahhhhh – the death of comic genius.

 

 

About callwill

Heading off

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.