Existing Member?

7 months of Bulldust

Sunday 25th April – to Port Lincoln

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 26 April 2010 | Views [358]

 

A big day’s driving today to Port Augusta where we visited the Australian Arid Botanical Gardens – beautifully done and teeming with really interesting bird life that is attracted to the proliferation and protected desert plants.  Met up with numerous fellow nomads who were all up for a chat whilst the billy came to the boil.

 

From there it was off along the coast to Port Lincoln where we have arranged to stay at the Port Lincoln National Park for 5 days, and then have booked to go to Memory Cove for 3 additional nights.

 

It is spectacular.  Lincoln National Park is on a rugged peninsula (part of the Eyre Peninsula) – that has the most amazing ocean views.  There are beautiful beaches and quite sheltered areas facing the bay.  The park is covered with coastal mallee vegetation and granite outcrops (you should have seen Steve trying to hammer in the tent pegs – each rope has got about 4 semi submerged pegs attempting to hold them in place (creative, ‘out of the box’ tent pegging).

 

One side of the National Park is the sheltered Beaches of Boston Bay, and the other has the exposed Southern Coastline, where there are steep limestone cliffs.  It goes without saying that it is cold.  Seeing lots of Petrals, Stints, Sandpipers, cormorants, curlews.  There are brush tailed Bettongs and Heath goanna’s, we have seen dolphins and seals.  So nice just to stop still for a while and take it all in.

 

Missing everyone!

About callwill

Heading off

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.