Existing Member?

7 months of Bulldust

Ethan – 9th April

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 9 April 2010 | Views [497] | Comments [4]

Rain Rain and more rain!  Haven’t seen a patch of blue sky for the last day.  We have been driving with just overnight camping stops since leaving the Kaputar National Park.  Beside the road there has been lots and lots of wild goats, emus, kangaroos, and I even saw a rooster!

 

We arrived at Brewarrina and the mosquitoes were so bad you couldn’t take a step outside without being sucked dry.  We found two green tree frogs down a pole at the campsite, one was brilliant green and the larger of the two was a dark bottle green.  We had power at this site and dad got stung by a wasp about 5 times trying to connect up the power. 

 

The next night we camped beside the road, it was okay and 5 other groups of campers were camping at the rest stop.  There were lots and lots and lots of ants.  I saw  two mines at Cobar, and today we are at Broken Hill which has a huge mine right next to the town.

 

Hope you guys are having fun

From Ethan

 

PS I miss you all  I hope you are all well.

PPS  Adrian I might be allowed to play age of empires tomorrow!

Comments

1

Hi Ethan,
sounds like you are seeing lots of intersting things already. You are going to be able to give us so many great camping tips when you get back, you'll be such an expertt by then.
Nathaniel says hello, and we all look forward to hearing more about your trip as you go.
Cheers,
Sandra

  Sandra Appleby-Lake Apr 13, 2010 4:44 PM

2

To Eathan

It sounds like your havving fun and I hope no one trys to hack your computer or this thingy thing.I also heard about the dead goo of the grasshoppers. It sounds like fun.

From
Blade

  Blade Apr 14, 2010 12:48 PM

3

Hi Ethan,
How are you going.
I'm wondering where you are today, I bet it's really exciting, I just had school today which was very boring, but guess what,I almost got a Stompa but I got a captain called Captain Badruk instead, maybe next time I can get a picture of him for you.

Hope you are going good,

Your best friend,

Ziggy

  Ziggy Oates Apr 16, 2010 8:09 PM

4

Hey Zig
A Captain Badruk is cool!
Ethan

  callwill Apr 29, 2010 11:00 AM

About callwill

Heading off

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.