Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Grey day in Fussen

GERMANY | Friday, 9 October 2015 | Views [390] | Comments [1]

Flat water Lake Forggensee

Flat water Lake Forggensee

One thing I have noticed is the widespread use of Solar and Wind Turbines in Germany. In some areas paddocks nestled in amongst the rural setting are full of Solar panels. Wind Turbines slowly turning on the hillsides. How progressive. How I wish the Australian Government wasn't at the behest of big business as we too might one day get our head out of the sand. Rant over..
Fussen in Bavaria is sleepy. After 7pm and before 11am it is quiet. No one around many shops shut and getting breakfast is like finding gold. Very overcast, cool and wintery looking and the castles that we had come for were a non event. No point spending the time and money if the result you are looking for is not happening.
The town itself is very touristy with cobblestone roads that are pedestrian only for most of the day ( except yesterday when we drove through the middle looking for our hotel) and cafe's plying for trade ( except in the mornings).
Instead we took a boat trip on Lake Forggensee. It took 2 hours and was relaxing and a good way to see a bit of the surroundings including the castles shrouded in mist. A stop on the way to the boat was a butchers that sold Roast pork and Liebercase rolls. Beautiful and moreish. Yum.
The day remained cool and overcast and after disembarking the boat Celeste and I opted to walk the 2klm back into town while the Kerry, Katrina, Alain and Andrew took the lake walk back. A rest late afternoon before dinner then off to Kufstein tomorrow.

 

Comments

1

Loved your rant Pete and agreed wholeheartedly. Mostly angry we are constantly told that alternative renewables are not effective and here you are in much duller muted continent than Australia who often rely on renewables for between 80% and 100% of their enery requirements. Hopefully times are a changing!
The lake cruise looked wonderful. Ahh. No driving today?

  Sonia Oct 10, 2015 10:18 AM

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.