Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Another town another wall

GERMANY | Thursday, 8 October 2015 | Views [469] | Comments [1]

Mercedes Benz

Mercedes Benz

The rain didn't stop last night so we pulled the plug on the Nightwatchman tour until Wednesday night, had a coffee and went to bed.
Next day we headed off to Stuttgard as the weather was still not great. Its a 2.5 hour drive so we got away at 9.00 ( also to beat the parking officer) The trip was uneventful watching the landscape go by. Heavy vehicles are like flies, they are everywhere and courteous. Speed limits are obeyed and they all sit in the one lane unless overtaking. Hundreds of trucks I estimate we passed on the way today.
The showroom/museum of Mercedes Benz was the object of our attention in Stuttgard as Alain and Andrew had a desire to see it. The museum starts on the top floor and spirals downward telling the story of Mercedes down through the years and matching it with cars of the time.
Back home after a long day we had dinner, some had Pork Knuckle and others Schnitzel. 8.00 pm and the weather held so we went on the Nightwatchmans Tour. Very informative about the rise and fall and rise again of Rothenburg.
Next day off to Fussen as this town has Neuschwanstein Castle which is a point of interest as well as the Romantic Road on the way. Diversions on the way meant driving through some very small villages with very small laneways to navigate but very pretty. Dinkelsbuhl was on the list but as we drove through it was a collective "keep going, nnnice but nothing different". So it was, we kept going and after another diversion we ended up in Nordlingen. The chuurch was worth visiting, the wall is in excellent shape and you can walk the entire length ( approx 3.5 klm) of which we did about 1.5 klm. Another wall another Town.
Pushing along we arrived in Fussen in the late afternoon and after seeing the castle perched on the hill shrouded in mist we headed to town to check in.It has got quite cool so maybe woollies tomorrow.

 

Comments

1

Getting used to all that driving.. great way to see the countryside.

  Wendy Oct 9, 2015 8:05 PM

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.