Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Cesky Krumlov. Czech Republic

CZECH REPUBLIC | Thursday, 13 September 2012 | Views [447]

Today we head off to Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights. Cesky Krumlov is in South Bohemia and was built around 1309. It is on the River Vltava that also runs through Prague and is a 2 hour car trip from Prague. We arrived early afternoon and were struck by the beauty. The town is full of cobblestone streets that wind up and down. Every corner provides another interesting shop or view. Cesky Krumlov Castle towers over the city and another cobblestone walk takes you to the entrance where it splays across the hill top.The lanes and house walls have not been changed since the early 1300s and wind through the town. The city square is a meeting place which draws from the alleys and laneways. At present my jelly legs have very sore thighs from Prague Castle so another work out is on its way.As I am writing this beautiful singing is filtering into the room. Sounds like a choir practicing nearby.

 
   
   
 
 
 
 
    
 
Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 2

Forgot to mention that the trip up yesterday was covered at about 140 klm per hour. No sense in hanging about just get to where you want to be!  Today with light drizzle in the morning we wandered the lanes of Cesky Krumlov. The hoards of tourists had not arrived when we set out but by 10 am it was busy. Still you could turn a corner and it was empty of people. Last night it was quiet as the tourists had left the town to the locals and those that had accomodation.  Celeste observed that it does not matter what time it is,people sit down and have a beer, it is so casual. Cesky Krumlov does look like something you have pulled out of a fairytale book and it is hard to believe that it is not a film set but the town is really a functioning, thriving area. Tonight we have guitarists performing in our accomodation restaurant which should be good fun.  Cesky Krumlov needs 2 days to fully appreciate its enchanting lanes and walkways.

  
 
  
  
 
 

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.