Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Quiet day in Mulhouse

FRANCE | Sunday, 4 October 2015 | Views [206]

Our hotel in Mulhouse

Our hotel in Mulhouse

Last night's dinner was at a Kebab place just down from our hotel. Good kebabs and wine was the order and was fullfilled. Sunday morning Al and Andrew headed off to the Car Museum while the girl's and I headed into town for the museums and breakfast.
9.30 in the morning and the place is like a ghost town. Seriously everyone is still in bed. Museums open 10 to 12 then 2 to 5. Most shops closed. We wandered down to the station where we got some breakfast and contemplated the train to Paris. While in this end of town we came upon a ceremony that we believe was celebrating the Freedom fighters of the 1940s as flag bearers, dignitaries and ex soldiers were wreath laying at a memorial complete with drummer and buglers. Breakfast finished and the Paris train gone we wandered back into the ghost town of Mulhouse and found a supermarket for some tissues, a bread shop for a roll for lunch then back to hotel.
Nothing happening and the boys back from the car museum we took the opportunity to vedge out by catching up on blogs, facebook and australian radio.
Dinner at the Kebab place again and it was just as good with possibly the best coffee we have had to date. Tomorrow we are off to Rothenburg Germany. 3 countries in 3 days.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.