Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Mulhouse France

FRANCE | Saturday, 3 October 2015 | Views [187]

Packed and ready to go we checked out of our hotel and sauntered across the road to Rex's Cafe for breakfast. Coffee, croissant and bread. Breakfast done we paid the carpark fee for 3 days. 95 Swiss Francs or about 150 dollars. WHACK!!!! Alain driving we head off to Mulhouse in France which is about a 3 hour drive.

We left Switzerland after about 1 hour of driving and I heard our credit cards sigh with relief. Easy run on these roads and when we found the Bristol (our hotel ) we parked for 4 euros a day and wandered into the "Old town", very French and pretty. People doing their thing on a warm Saturday afternoon. Celeste had her nails done while the rest of us had a coffee and watched the world ( and some pretty nice cars ) go by. The Bristol is a very nice hotel just out of the "Old Town" and is very well appointed. Very comfy here. Church bells ringing in the distance as I write this makes it very pleasant and relaxing. Dinner tonight will not be as scary as the last few nights but that was the price of being in Switzerland and doing and seeing such amazing things.

 

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.