Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Rothenburg via Ribeauville

FRANCE | Monday, 5 October 2015 | Views [231]

Ribeauville France

Ribeauville France

Headed out at 8.30am today headed for Rothenburg in Germany. Celeste found a little town by the name of Ribeauville on the way. It was still in France. After a tour of the "Old Town" , as I was driving and didn't listen to Gavinshka, we parked and got out for a walk and breakfast. What a find! A beautiful old town built around 1350AD. Wandering around the cobblestone streets and looking up at the houses that had provision for Storks to nest was great fun. The view was amazing as vineyards crept up the mountain sides and castles seemed to litter the high points of the landscape.
After a couple of hours and a breakfast it was back into the van and off. Travelling on the roads is interesting as trucks are limited to the right hand side and quite often limited to speed while the cars whizz past at speeds that curl your hair. Sitting on 120kph and cars flying past is eerie at first then all good as you get used to it.
Into Rothenburg we are in the "old Town". And travelling slowly through the little alleyways as tourists try to navigate the same area is fun. Found the hotel, unloaded the bags and parked the car. The room is shall we say "Spartan". We wanted location on a budget so as long as it is quiet and warm it's all good.
Dinner was Schnitzel and beer. It was really really good. Roll on tomorrow.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.