Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Kas

TURKEY | Friday, 18 September 2015 | Views [181]

Breakfast on the patio overlooking Mediterranean

Breakfast on the patio overlooking Mediterranean

Disembarked the boat mid afternoon and bade farewell to our travelling companions and crew. The dock at Fethiye is long and full of boats with lots from the U.S.A. ( must be a tax dodge ) Pam and Terry are with us for the next few days but they had a separate car from us but we meet in Kas.
The trip took 2 hours and we passed through towns that had kilometres of hot houses that grew tomatoes. It was an amazing sight. All the while we had a view of the mountains which shadowed us for the entire trip to Kas. The countryside is hilly and rocky but beautiful at the same time. Olive trees are everywhere and obviously relish the conditions they grow in.
We hit the coast about 15 minutes from Kas and on one side was a drop to the Mediterranean sea and the other was a wall of rock that rose skyward. It was breathtaking as you looked out over the ocean that was glistening under the sun with islands dotted along the horizon.
Our driver found our hotel called the Gardenia Boutique Hotel situated on a cobblestone road overlooking the Greek Islands that are only a stones throw from the beach. It's a lovely hotel with well appointed rooms. The only downside is stairs, second floor, no elevator, but the climb will help keep the beer belly down hopefully. The town is beautiful with cobblestone alleys that traverse the side of the hill and come alive at night especially when the sun has gone to bed.
Turkey comes alive at night with people seemingly eating late and getting up late. The evenings are warm with a soft glow from the moonlight that lights your way home.
Afternoon of swimming overlooking the water out to the Greek Islands sipping an Efes beer eating a Turkish Hamburger. Magnificent! Alain went for a hair cut and came back with hair cut complete with eyebrow and nose trim and added bonus ear hair removed with fire. Wowee. Andrew sought out a massage and was more than happy with the result. Alain and I were going to Paraglide but the wind picked up and they were not going to fly in the afternoon. Oh well we will try when we get to Antalya.
The evening is warm and we head out for dinner about 7.30 then wander the alleys filled with people eating in restaurants, shopping and generally enjoying the evening
Tomorrow we have a morning pick up for a 3 hour car transfer to Antalya for a 2 night stay.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.