Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

End of the Line for now

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 19 March 2013 | Views [269]

Last day in the land of smiles, some last minute shopping for my glasses and ticket allocation at Garuda. Traffic is chaotic today so getting around is slow. Great chats with the cabbies as they practice their english and we learn a little more of their way of life.
Definite mistrust of those in power which is very much like the sentiment of Australians about our politicians only difference is the Balinese come right out and say it is corrupt. 
It is the quiet season at present and many rooms are vacant and the pools are not packed which suits us nicely. The weather has been very kind and other that a bit of night rain and one morning it has been sunny and warm ( Celeste would say hot )
Shopping has been at a minimum for us as the family is here so no need for presents.
The afternoon has been one of relaxing by the pool and soaking up the last of our holiday before dinner with the kids then off to the airport this evening to be whisked back to the reality of work and the day to day living of life.
Dinner was for Celeste's birthday. Again!! Hayden and Nat were invited to a dinner with Vietnam Vets and he said he Couldn't as he was having dinner with his mum for her birthday. You guessed it, the Vets had dinner in the same Restaurant and made a point of wishing Celeste Happy Birthday complete with singing.
Said bye to the kids and we bundled into a taxi for the trip to the airport.
Oh well! At least we were fortunate enough to have this break. Nothing else for it than to save and plan for another trip to who knows where.

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.