Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Away to Hervey Bay

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 1 November 2013 | Views [367]

 

Celeste's sister Wendy and her partner Peter have been living in Hervey Bay for about 4 years now and this is the first time I have been there. We are going for a week and should be great fun. Lady Elliot Island, Fraser Island, checking out the area, warm weather, catching up with Wendy and Peter, this should be a great week away.

Early flight with Qantas 7am and off we go. A short layover in Brisbane then onto qantaslink for a 40 minute flight to Hervey Bay.Small bag for me. Suitcase for Celeste!  Hervey Bay for Lunch. Perfect !!

Early home from work, finished packing bags then bed. Great plan except the body clock said "No" Tossing and Turning then "Bingo" the alarm chimed 4am. Easy trip to the airport where we self checked in after a bit of help from a staff member. Too easy! No queues. Also no checks.

Up and away then touchdown in Brisbane at 8.45 after leaving Melbourne at 7.00 am. No daylight savings in this neck of the woods. Another coffee in transit while waiting to transfer on to Hervey Bay.

Warming up as we look over the Tarmac. A twin prop Dash 8 sits waiting for its next journey. Yay it is ours. Settled on board and up we go. Celeste comments it sounds like a huge Blowfly. Flying across the landscape was beautiful with sprawling coastline dotted with jutting headland.

Wonderful to see Peter and Wendy. The weather is warm and sky is clear. Swimming and Beers made for a very relaxing afternoon.

A walk to the Beach in the early evening made for a perfect end to the day.

Sunday saw us spending a fair bit of time at "Dundowan Holiday Resort " ( Wendy and Peters home ) in the pool and playing with Zaffer. The area is lovely and very quiet. Once again we had a beautiful day of warm weather with the sun beaming down.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.