Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Bikes, Mud and High Tea

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 18 March 2013 | Views [281]

Monday, March 18, 2013

Morning broke and after a shower and breafast I headed to catch a cab after saying bye to Celeste who was going to Melasti for a spa then High Tea with Kerry and Katrina. I on the other hand, was heading to a morning of Quad Bikes that Jeremy had organized for the boys. Seven of us jumped into Gusti's car and off we went. Into the countryside for about one and a half hours then we arrived. Kitted up in arm pads and leg guards we headed off. Ooops !!!!! Kody rolled the Quad in the first few minutes. Resettled off we went. The ride was really good but jarring, through mud, water and rocky slopes up hill and down dale we went powering on but trying not to fall off. We stopped by a river and our guide suggested we jump in off the side. " it's okay he said it is deep". So we did jump in one by one and cooled off in the water much to the amusement of a rafting group further up the way. Back on the bikes we jumped, wet and cool we tore off down the track to find some more mud. After a couple of hours we rode back to the reception area and had a shower ( cold ) then lunch before heading back home in the early afternoon. A great mornings fun. Celestes spa at Melasti was a three hour event which was enjoyed thoroughly then followed by High Tea in Seminyak. A very civilized way to spend a day. Caught up with the family for dinner by the beach then a quiet walk along the beach back to Puri Raja to turn in for the night.

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.