Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Legian

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 17 March 2013 | Views [334]

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Back to Mainland

Our resident Gecko chimed good morning in his very loud "Gecko" utterings and we rolled out of bed. You guessed it, no hot water. Bags packed and off down the road for a coffee and breakfast until it was time to catch the boat back to Sanur. Lembongan is a very pretty island reminicent of "Old Bali" and an ideal place to lay back and smell the roses with no hustle and bustle, no television and no cars. A fast trip back taking only twenty five minutes and into the transfer car to Legian. We are staying at Puri Raja on the beach which is nice and has hot water. Into the pool for a swim then a bit of shopping. Stopped in at the Locka to say hi to the kids and grandkids then home for a shower before dinner at Pearl where Katrina, Alain, Kerry and Andrew are staying. Restaurant at Pearl is French and the food was excellent in presentation and quality though as Al pointed out you can't eat presentation! Fireworks boomed across the beach as we made our way back to our hotel so we walked to the waters edge to get a better look but it had finished as we arrived. " illegal fireworks " said staff as security men with stern looks swung their torches around looking for culprits. Lightening flashed overhead as we fell into bed for the night both feeling a bit spent.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.