Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Before you go

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 30 August 2012 | Views [158]

Europe was never on my horizons as a place to visit as I love Asia,its people and culture. Years of travel throughout Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos and of couse Bali had me comfortably pidgeon holed. Celeste had other ideas and over time we  came to the conclusion that it was time to look afield. And so it evolved. Eastern Europe was the final choice after months of maybe Greece, maybe Turkey, Madagascar etc. Budgets set then destinations followed.  Where to go was a chess game for a while. Many places looked amazing but when on a budget and a time limit cities and countries were eliminated. The starting point was an easy one as we are meeting two of Celeste's sisters in Paris. After spending 5 days in the city we are taking a tour for 3 days  that will follow the journey of their Great Uncle Hugh who was a Soldier in WW1 and was killed during battle and is buried in Meteron,Belgium. Celeste and I will leave Kerry and Katrina after this leg as they are touring England, Ireland and Italy and we will fly to Prague to travel through Eastern Europe. We will finish in Lankawi for a  "chill out" before returning home.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.