Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 260: Sorting my stuff out in Dunedin

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 22 July 2008 | Views [1029]

Tuesday 22nd July

I had a bit of spare time on my hands given that the hospital take care of my arm ahead of schedule the previous day. I spent the whole of the morning in an internet cafe uploading new entries for my online journal, and it felt good to get this updated as it can really start to lag behind.

I went to see 'In The Shadow of The Moon', a documentary of the Apollo Moon voyages, as told by the astronauts who went on those missions back in the 60s and 70s. It was fascinating, with some great commentary and footage, really worth watching.

After dinner at the hostel, I went to the library to do some more research on my trip to North America. It proved to be a very fruitful couple of hours as I found out that there were alternative transport options that would save me a lot of time and money. At last, The Lonely Planet had redeemed itself slightly,proving that it can occasionally serve a useful purpose.

I got back to the hostel and packed my bags as I was due to leave the hostel the next day and head on towards Lake Tekapo. I called Declan & Caitriona to congratulate them on the birth of their first kid, and it was good to catch up with them after so many months.

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.